Weird or what?

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Can some CD players "see" tracks that others can't

I've just played my Blind Faith CD on my new Marantz CD6004 and suddenly there are 8 tracks instead of the 6 there have always been before and indeed are shown on the CD sleeve. I had the original LP back in 1969(?) as well and that had 6 tracks too. Now there are 2 new songs. My old rubbish CD player only plays 6 tracks.

Anyone explain what's happening here?

Chris

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not unknown for CDs to have 'hidden tracks', often positioned on the ragged edge of the capacity of the disc, and which some older transports would have difficulty seeing or playing, sometimes due to the resulting disc being outside the official CD spec.

Paul.

Some artists will have a Track 0, where you select the first track and rewind past the begining. Hybrid's album Morning Sci-Fi is an example of this with their track 'Lights go down, knives come out'

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
And the original CD of World Party's Bang! had a track called Kuwait City about 25 mins after the end of the last listed track, though I think it isn't on all subsequent re-releases of the album.

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the following experience in the 90's.

I listened to Janet (CD Janet Jackson) and after the last track I fell asleep :? . I did not turned de player off.

The music woke me up because the system started to play a 'hidden' number (not listed on the cover). Oops now if I remember right.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I have several CDs with 'extra tracks' Although they are not real tracks but run inside the last track or at the end of it, usually remixes The Jill Scott NO.1 album as about 2 within the last track time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts