Web content and Mag content

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Question to the Editor,

If webcontent is free, especially the Reviews, why the need to subscribe to the Magazine? If I can find the Review I want then it is disincentive way for me to pay for the magazine. I can print off the web pages?

With other mags say Nuts, FHM, with Adult orientatated content - obviously a print version better...hahaha....

I think in the future an electronic version of the full What Hi FI magazine would be better served and that will make it cheaper as well and be a 'Daily glossy' rather than a monthly one as the items are refreshed.

I have not brough a copy now for 6 months.I find what I need on the What Hifi website.

With some magazines you couldn't do a full electronic version as there are many many pictures like Car magazines.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well for starters the magazine features the vast majority of the reviews first - so if you want the most up-to-date reviews, that's where you'll find them.

Secondly, the magazine includes content such as Group Tests, Supertests and features that you don't find online. If you want to read reviews of a particular product-type in context, it remains the best place to do so.

And then there is the photography - we can only feature a single, small picture online at present, whereas in mag we've got more detailed, often annotated shots of products, including different views.

Plus, of course, you can read a magazine just about anywhere.

But we're happy to welcome online-only readers, too - all one big happy brand family
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:He's got a point - maybe we should be charging a fortune for site access...
emotion-5.gif

taxi...

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

Well for starters the magazine features the vast majority of the reviews first - so if you want the most up-to-date reviews, that's where you'll find them.

Secondly, the magazine includes content such as Group Tests, Supertests and features that you don't find online. If you want to read reviews of a particular product-type in context, it remains the best place to do so.

And then there is the photography - we can only feature a single, small picture online at present, whereas in mag we've got more detailed, often annotated shots of products, including different views.

Plus, of course, you can read a magazine just about anywhere.

But we're happy to welcome online-only readers, too - all one big happy brand family
emotion-2.gif

Very good point Clare, i always found it very uncomfortable bringing the laptop into the downstairs WC
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts