Weaknesses in System...?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone help me with any possible weaknesses in my system? 

Currently I am using a Cyrus Vs2 + CD 8 se, Quad 12l2's, Cyrus interconnect and ecosse es2.3 speaker cable.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I think the sound of quad is not to far from the sound of wharfedales becausse they are very similer, same factory i was told.

The most important chain in a setup are the speakers, try something like spendor... or make a list on what you want listen to and take your quads to the hifi store to compare.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Yep, I concur with the others to lose the Quads. Can I suggest you audition the ATC SCM11... I tried the SCM19 which really impressed me and till today, I'm still wondering if I should have gone for them instead of the Ushers I eventually got.

Also (and I know I'm opening myself to ridicule here), do get some decent power cords if you haven't already done so.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
hifikrazy: Also (and I know I'm opening myself to ridicule here), do get some decent power cords if you haven't already done so.

Nothing ridiculous about that mate. The mains cables made a hugh difference to my amps and sources.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
And so they did with my system too. However, you can't blame me for being a little paranoid about bringing up the subject of power cords when you've seen the world wars going on in some of the threads here.

TRENDING THREADS