We need rules for BD labelling!!!!!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have noticed that the packageing and Labelling on BD software carries no perticular set of rules as to what info the distributor has to include to enable us the end user to make a informed decision as to what sound or video format the Movie is actually encoded at with some using the term FULL HD when infact you start the movie and it is encoded at 1080i (E.I.V. are a major culprit here)

What I would like to see is a set of rules put into place where very clearly on the back cover it states the exact video format 1080p/24 etc and sound and even sub-title options as this information is often very hard to find or simply not there!
emotion-12.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
D.J.KRIME:
I have noticed that the packageing and Labelling on BD software carries no perticular set of rules as to what info the distributor has to include to enable us the end user to make a informed decision as to what sound or video format the Movie is actually encoded at with some using the term FULL HD when infact you start the movie and it is encoded at 1080i (E.I.V. are a major culprit here)

What I would like to see is a set of rules put into place where very clearly on the back cover it states the exact video format 1080p/24 etc and sound and even sub-title options as this information is often very hard to find or simply not there!
emotion-12.gif

EDITED BY MODS for house rules violation

nads

D.J.KRIME i agree totally. the problems i have had recently, but also there seems to be no standard way to author the pop/main menus,

OK not in the UK so being able to have no subtitles is nice. Box says no subtitles is an option. Was it on the pop-up menu? was it like ****. but later on i found i could remove the subtitles with the main menu.

A second film said it had an English option in the language. I thought it odd as it was a Swedish film that would not be for international release. But after discusion with 3 sales people it was deamed to be correct info. Nope no english option anywhere. Still not all bad, watched it enjoyed and returned it for a full refund.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It would also help if websites published the correct information. Play are a pain for giving as little away as possible. Of course if everything was 1080p/24, and DTS-MA or True HD (do we really need PCM?), there would be a lot less confusion and guesswork.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Play are very bad but then if the actual product does not give the correct info how are they supposed to put it onto their site?

It also does not help that the distrubitors of the Movies are very reluctant to have the end user contact them regarding any Issues concerning things like picture resolution etc, I have spent hours of google time trying to find contact info for E.I.V. but to no avail.

TRENDING THREADS