WANTED - NJC headphone amplifier

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The other day I noticed a small crack in the plastic PSU case for the NJC headphone amplifier and there was a rattle inside suggesting that a piece of plastic mounting had broken off. I think it may have been dropped or knocked at some stage and gone unnoticed.

I emailed NJC asking how much it would cost to be replaced and they informed me that as it was still working all that would be required would be a new plastic case which would only cost £3 for them to replace. Just like the last time I contacted them their customer service was impeccable, emails were answered promptly and they kept me updated at every stage. NJC really is a great British company who are a pleasure to deal with. Thanks again for your help guys.

If anyone's looking for top quality hand made DAC or headphone amplifier you can't go wrong with NJC.
http://www.njc-audio.co.uk/index.html

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Just listening to them now too (it's been a while) and together with the HD700 headphones they sound really amazing.

How are you getting on with them Steve now that you have had a few months to listen?

I recently had an issue with my DAC and, to reinforce your own experience, the support from NJC was absolutely outstanding. They have basically replaced the entire unit FOC - no quibbles no awkward conversations, just great customer service. I can't speak highly enough of them.

I may, however, look to replace mine very soon and am pondering what to replace them with. The only reason is that the USB on the DAC doesn't support hi-def (I think) and an increasing amount of my music is 24/96. I am not a big fan of optical so am currently looking for something of similar quality and form factor and preferably in a one box solution. I'm struggling as replacing NJC stuff and meeting those criteria is not easy.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Paulq said:
How are you getting on with them Steve now that you have had a few months to listen?

They're still as great as ever. Although to be honest they don't get used very often as I prefer speakers to headphones.

Paulq said:
I recently had an issue with my DAC and, to reinforce your own experience, the support from NJC was absolutely outstanding. They have basically replaced the entire unit FOC - no quibbles no awkward conversations, just great customer service. I can't speak highly enough of them.
I may, however, look to replace mine very soon and am pondering what to replace them with. The only reason is that the USB on the DAC doesn't support hi-def (I think) and an increasing amount of my music is 24/96. I am not a big fan of optical so am currently looking for something of similar quality and form factor and preferably in a one box solution. I'm struggling as replacing NJC stuff and meeting those criteria is not easy.

NJC make two versions of their DAC. There's a 24/96 one for £399 and a 24/192 for £425. Maybe you cound ask them about upgrading it to the 24/192 version and see what they suggest?

Mine is apparently the 24/196 version though I've never put that to the test. If you have music that is higher than 24/96 just downsample it. So long as you don't downsample any lower than than 16/44 it won't sound any different to the original.

TRENDING THREADS