Want to buy the TH42PX80B please need help asap

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

We are looking at getting the Panny TH42PX80B seen it in currys today for £899 with cinema suround or dvd recorder with it. Now i'm not sure we need either as managed fine with them so far.

Would this tv be the right choice for us.. We don't play games on it, no computer will be attached to it and we don't have a PS3 though might have one at christmas. Even so we are not game people and don't use blueray at the moment. So all we watch are virgin cable, dvd's and vcds sometimes.

Have seen the tv on S&V for £654.37 but would like to price match this at John lewis if i can but have never done this and do not know what to say or go about it. It would be JL in Bristol i would either ring or go to?? How do i go about price matching as i would like to get the 5yr garentee if posible if we buy this tv. Will be paying with debit card not credit card or even cash in store, not sure which is best

Thanks for reading and all help very appriciated :)

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I can't understand anyone NOT wanting surround sound - especially with a nice big plasma.

When watching films the sound track is often one of the best elements and just relying on built in speakers means you miss loads.

Have you ever been to one of those crappy little / old cinemas some towns still have where all the sound just comes off the screen? If so, you'll know just how awful it sounds compared to a cinema with a decent sound system - same for the home TV.

That said - I can't imagine any surround sound system given away by Currys would be up to much ('anything free is of dubious value' - in my opinion...)

A

Anonymous

The cinema suround system was a panasonic dvd home cinema system, though would have to wait as not in stock, but the dvd recorder was sony not sure which one.

Reason we have never used the one that came with our old sony is that we live in a teraced house and the sound can be very loud for our neighbours :)

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Jobean"]

Reason we have never used the one that came with our old sony is that we live in a teraced house and the sound can be very loud for our neighbours :)

[/quote]

Your point is ?
emotion-4.gif

Seriously though - you really don't have to turn it up loud to enjoy it...

A

Anonymous

Just wondering if anyone has advice on this tv and whether it would be suitable for our needs.

And where would be the best place to purchase it..

Thanks

A

Anonymous

[quote user="roger06"]
I can't understand anyone NOT wanting surround sound - especially with a nice big plasma.
[/quote]I can answer that one very easily - I wouldn't want surround sound because I'm deaf! Therefore no point in having it
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

The PX80 is an excellent panel and I can't think of one good reason why it might not be suitable for you.

If I was going to buy it, I would price match S & V at John Lewis.I see no reason why they won't price match as there are soooo may people who have done just that.Failing that, Sound & Vision is an excellent company and I would have no problems from buying from them.I am pretty sure that as a Panasonic dealer, they should include the 5 year warranty as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts