Want to buy a Do it All Set up - advice needed!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks!

I'm hoping you can advise me, as I'm dipping my toes into proper audio for the first time! I'm not interested in getting the absolute best (and neither is my wallet) i just want a decent set up.

I want to have a system (and speakers) that i can do the following with:

*Listen to AM/FM and DAB radio

*Play CDs

*plug in my Iphone via USB

*Stream music to from a NAS supported by DLNA/UPNP

*Connect my TV and/or PS3 to for surround sound.

If someone can advise me if there is a single system i can get that fits this criteria, or if I needed ot get a seperate system for my TV viewing.

Thanks!

Jim

twitter.com/iamjimpage

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Well the Marantz M-CR603 is going to tick virtually every box you want as a starting point on the audio side ( £450 plus speakers, and a truly brilliant set-up in a very small package).

TV wise that’s a separate package.

matthewpiano

Agree with Sizzers on the Marantz.

Alternatively you could build a system around an Onkyo Network AV receiver and a Universal Disc Player (like on of the Marantz or Denon models). More expensive though - by the time you've bought the receiver, disc player and a speaker package like the Q Acoustics 2020i 5.1 pack, you'll be looking at around £1500.

A

Anonymous

Yes i do mean "surround sound". Is that not the right term for 5.1 speakers connected to your TV?

John Duncan

It is, I just wanted to make sure that you actually wanted multichannel, rather than just good quality sound from TV and Console, albeit only in stereo. Do you have a budget in mind, because this may define whether you can do this with one system or whether you need to decide which is more important to you - music or movies.

A

Anonymous

A good system for listening to music is more important to me, i just wanted ot find out if there was a way of combining a TV and a hifi in one system. My budget is £500 max.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts