Wall brackets for KEF LS50

Bener

Mar 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi, could somebody help me: I just bought a pair of KEF LS50 speakers and don't have any other solution as: wall brackets.
It's not easy to find standard brackets for this design. And I don't want to drill holes in the KEF's

D

Deleted member 108165

You could try something like these:
I doubt the KEF's will like being backed-up against the wall though, you might need to bung the ports. Rounded contours of the speaker could be a problem as there won't be much to grip to.

Bener

Mar 23, 2020
Visit site
Thanks, this is really what I am afraid of: the rounded contours !
An other suggestion is :
Dynaudio WSB1
But then: I have to screw this into to the bottom !
Excuse my English, I'm from Holland

D

Deleted member 108165

Thanks, this is really what I am afraid of: the rounded contours !
An other suggestion is :
Dynaudio WSB1
But then: I have to screw this into to the bottom !
Excuse my English, I'm from Holland
Very neat. You may not have to use screws, Blu Tack or Black Tack might be sufficient, if it doesn't work then 1 screw would surely be enough as they are not heavy speakers.
Nothing wrong with your English sir (y)

Bener

Mar 23, 2020
Visit site
Thanks DougK: I don't know Blue or Black Tack, I will try to find some. I know they are not heavy, do you think a 12mm screw will not go through the bottom of a KEF LS50?

D

Deleted member 108165

D

Deleted member 108165

Other members could be along soon with better ideas so give it a couple of days before you do anything.

Jimboo

They have to be wall mounted ? A quick Google shows this to be very dodgy with suitable product availability and the effect on sound.
Looking at my Kef ls50w speakers it would be impossible due to the rear electronics. The curve shape and general design of your speakers will make it awkward I would think. Can you not have them on small stands on a more solid surface?

D

Deleted member 108165

The Aperta stands are a good call Jimboo (y)
Yours are the LS50 wireless version so would be much more difficult to wall mount but not impossible. Bener's are not the wireless version but my main concern with the Dynaudio brackets are the binding posts on the rear of the LS50's, plus they will not sound their best so close to the wall and will probably need bungs in the bass port.

My PMC's are wall mounted and actually sound better than they do on stands in free space, but they are transmission line so not the same as KEF.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimboo

Yep , I don't think they will sound as they should. I mean I had quad 11l speakers and I heard them on brackets and they were ok. I only had one set of speakers I owned on brackets - rega kytes , remember them ?
Perhaps a picture of his room would help.

D

Deleted member 108165

Bener, so as not to waste too much money it may be worth looking at the wall brackets in my post #2 and see if they will work for you, (or something similar). The speaker is supported from the base so the rear is clear for cable connections, coupled with Blu Tack this may work for you. It's not ideal for placement but you have to go with what works for you.

Failing that go with Jimboo's IsoAcoustics suggestion, or Daytona's B1 suggestion and drill and thread a hole in the base of your speakers, not ideal but needs must.

If none of this works then you may have to find a speaker that suits wall-mounting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daudaha

Oct 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
New ls50w user here.. Love everything about it, was looking to wall mount it but curved edges making it difficult. As of now the placment is on my TV stand, less than 1.5 metre apart between speakers.. Wanted to know your take on the placement and if the wooden TV stand do justice to sound quality ? Find picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201004_222127.jpg
    Screenshot_20201004_222127.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Daudaha

Oct 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi, could somebody help me: I just bought a pair of KEF LS50 speakers and don't have any other solution as: wall brackets.
It's not easy to find standard brackets for this design. And I don't want to drill holes in the KEF's
Same problem here bro..

Berd

Dec 12, 2021
Visit site
what did you pick in the end?

I have had good luck with the "Monoprice Universal Bookshelf Speaker Mount System"
I have not used them with the Ls50 so YMMV.
The specs say Bookshelf Speakers with 5.4" ~ 11.0" Width and 55 lbs max.
the Ls 50 does better much further out in the room but sometimes speaker location choices are limited by other factors,

I would not use the side holes in the adjustable width side brackets.
My Ls 50 meta's have four rubber feet and if you look in the hole in the center you will see it it threaded for an M8 bolt (see attached picture)
20211212_084224.jpg

I think the baseplate on the monoprice bracket is not big enough (front to back) to support all four feet but you could drill holes near the front of the adjustable L shaped side brackets for the front 2 feet then use a couple of adhesive feet stuck to the bracket as far back as possible to support the rear speaker
This would give you 2 bolted connections, the side brackets for support and the adhesive feet under the speaker near the back.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

mghmgh

Jan 6, 2022
Visit site
Had the same problem and solved it with a normal TV stand, but I mounted the plate horizontally instead of vertically. You just need to find one that allows you to do that. The ones I found have a 30kg limit so they are pretty solid, and also allow me to move the speakers.20220106_101150.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts