Wadia 170i and iPod/iPhone question

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, I am sort of fed up with the 'dropping' of signal over my network and AE, so I decided to go back to use the good old docking system. I purchased the Wadia 170i last night and hook it up to MF M1 DAC via coaxial. While the out of the box sound a bit harsh, a good run in for a few hours changed the sound dramatically. I do have a e few questions though: 1. I tried with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 32 GB and all of them worked properly. However, eventhough all of them are synced to the same library and music files (apple lossless and 320 kbps mp3), at the same volume level on the amp, the iPhones sound louder than iPod. Why? 2. Eventhough my CDs are ripped to the same file types above, some files shows a signal at 48.1 kHz instead of 44.1 kHz on the M1 DAC. Any ideas why? 3. What is the function of the Mode button on the Wadia remote? I accidently pressed it and the signal shown on M1 DAC was 32 kbps and there is no more sound coming off the dock. Thanks all.

A

Anonymous

try this

The final 'mode' button changes output from digital to analogue, but not back again, which can be a trifle irritating unless you know to take the player out of the dock and re-seat it to achieve this end

this part of a review from tech radar

hope this helps

regards 80;s boy

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks 80s Boy. Yes, I think Wadia failed to complete the 170i with all the nitty gritty to make it fully ipod user friendly. The sound however is good though.

I am still puzzled with the first 2 questions though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts