VSX-LX52 For 589.00 is it worth the debt?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

Been told to upgrade my amp at sometime to run the new RX6 I will be getting as my VSX819 wont run them to their fullest.

I really dont have the money to do this and would need to go on a Credit Card, but at 589.00 is it worth the hit?

DO you think they might go down further in a few months, or should I make due with my current amp?

Thanks
UPDATE: Never mind, seen a few places on-line that are doing it for 589.00 so will wait a bit, not point putting more debt on my CC,

D

Deleted member 2457

That is a very good price for that amp, that amp started at £1,100 my uncle got a quote last year and that amp on the quote was that price.

What is it, two amps up from the one you got, I have heard that amp twice now the 52 and it sounded very good both times but that was with the B&W MT30s.

A

Anonymous

canada16:
Hey

Been told to upgrade my amp at sometime to run the new RX6 I will be getting as my VSX819 wont run them to their fullest.

I really dont have the money to do this and would need to go on a Credit Card, but at 589.00 is it worth the hit?

DO you think they might go down further in a few months, or should I make due with my current amp?

Thanks

UPDATE: Never mind, seen a few places on-line that are doing it for 589.00 so will wait a bit, not point putting more debt on my CC,

I origonally auditioned the 52 with the RX6's and it sounded pretty good IMO.

But needless to say i went with the 82 in the end

But If that's all you can afford, I'd say go for it.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

piobob:canada16:

Hey

Thanks

I origonally auditioned the 52 with the RX6's and it sounded pretty good IMO.

But needless to say i went with the 82 in the end

But If that's all you can afford, I'd say go for it.
emotion-21.gif

You mean that I CANT afford... LOL Do people rack up credit card debts for this hobby, or do they save, and I know some have amazing jobs or work within hi-fi. I am just debating weather to buy and bear the debt for a little bit as they wont stay long at 589.00

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
canada16:

Hey

Thanks
UPDATE: Never mind, seen a few places on-line that are doing it for 589.00 so will wait a bit, not point putting more debt on my CC,Since you ask, no do not buy a piece of Hi-Fi on a credit card if you cannot pay for it. The way HiFi prices go, the money you save not paying interest will buy you more kit and with the current economic situation avoiding debt is even more important than usual. Here ends the homily

A

Anonymous

Very true. I think I just wanted someone to talk me out of it.

I have no problem paying the credit card payment, but might have to pay intrest for a month as waiting for a cheque to come through.

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Credit cards are a slippery slope.

I learnt my lesson many years ago and would never buy anything on credit (except my house). Prices of consumer electronics are falling all the time.

It's a really good price - but if you haven't got the money, let it go mate.

Something else will be available when you do. You can be sure of that.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I agree with hammill. The only time I have ever put a product on a credit card was when it was a mega deal - one where you know that you wouldn't be able to get that product at that price anywhere, ever. At least then, a little interest isn't too bad. But if you have doubts about repayments, don't do it.

D

Deleted member 2457

On the price going down more, i doubt it, pioneer have there limits from what i have seen, then it is hard luck.

A

Anonymous

Very true dave, will get the speakers first and then maybe talk about amps.

A

Anonymous

I really need to stop being so full on and wait for stuff.

I see a deal and feel like I am missing out if I dont buy it, must just be me ..LOL

Thanks guys will wait, maybe I might be able to get a Z7 for 600.00 in a month or so.. LOL
emotion-3.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
canada16:

I see a deal and feel like I am missing out if I dont buy it, must just be me ..LOL

Thanks guys will wait, maybe I might be able to get a Z7 for 600.00 in a month or so.. LOL
emotion-3.gif

Hello Canada,

You seem to be all over the place - a second RSW12 subwoofer, then RX6 speakers, now an upgraded amp???

Enjoy what you have and save your money.

Thx.

A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:canada16:

emotion-3.gif

Hello Canada,

You seem to be all over the place - a second RSW12 subwoofer, then RX6 speakers, now an upgraded amp???

Enjoy what you have and save your money.

Thx.

Yeh a little bit eh!

I am getting some personal injury money as a Car hit me on my mountain bike and was in a bad way, so thought might as well do everything at once and pay off debts and not have to worry about needing stuff in the future.

I deff want those RX6, just want something proper to drive them and this purchase will be that last for years to come, even getting a hi-fi rack, doing it properly this time. And since the wife has agreed to all this might as well eh! before she changed her mind.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts