Vodafone has finally relented - HTC Desire to be debranded & get the Android 2.2 update

A

Anonymous

thats disgraceful , anyone who has such a phone should be able to delete whatever they want , they are paying for it ..

bookmarks for dating sites that cannot be removed ? obviously advertising deals have been done ...

Vodafone is going to release the Android 2.2 update for HTC Desire in the next 7-10 days, & is also going to remove the 360 update (essentially debranding the phone) with it!
emotion-19.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:Typical- I'm with Vodafone and due an upgrade and was looking at either the Legend or Desire, but i dont think i'll bother unless they issue a fix.

Don't get a Legend!

IMO it's far too erratic: interweb keeps crashing; whole phone freezes at least once a week - only at the most inconvenient times, mind - so battery needs to be removed/replaced before re-start; all-too frequent mis-cues when typing, even for those with Twiglet-thin fingers; the curser has a mind of its own; often painfully slo-o-o-o-w-w-w to return to home-screen etc; music player is dire; and the battery has invariably expired by mid-afternoon.

Now really wish I'd gone for an iPhone 4...
emotion-6.gif

And to add insult to injury, last night's software update has b******* up the texts' display order, ie oldest first.

And I've discovered that Vodafone has curiously hopeless coverage in Somerset, which is where I'm about to relocate...

Found the official Vodafone announcement:

Hi everyone

We've listened to feedback from customers on a number of points around the recent 360 Android 2.1 update and made some changes to the roll out plan.

The Android 2.2 update for Vodafone HTC Desire users will be based on the HTC open market version of the software and we will customise it to ensure our network settings are installed.

For customers who have downloaded the recent 360 update for Android 2.1, we can confirm that the Android 2.2 update will remove the 360 applications and will leave the homepage and bookmarks on your current settings.

Customers who want to access the 360 services will be able to do so once the Android 2.2 compatible version is available and, in the meantime, can now download apps like 360 People from the Android Marketplace.

We plan to make the 360 apps available in a separate update for the HTC Desire at a later date, giving customers the choice to download it.

We will let you know when the date for delivery of the Android 2.2 update is finalised, but, subject to testing, we expect this to be in 7-10 days time.

Thanks

Administrator
Vodafone eForum

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts