HTC Desire is getting its Android 2.2, Froyo, update starting 31 July

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
It's finally here!! Well, only if your Desire is unlocked!

“The Android 2.2 (Froyo) update for HTC Desire will start rolling out across Europe this weekend. As well as including the complete set of Android 2.2 features, the update will contain a few special additions of our own through the latest iteration of HTC Sense.

"The update will provide 720p video capture, HTC’s App Share widget, as well as our enhanced HTC Caller ID, and improved multi-language keyboard. Also, though the update, HTC Sync will allow HTC Desire users to sync their music with iTunes.

"HTC Desire users will be notified that the over-the-air update is available to download when their phone automatically checks for software updates. The update won’t delete any of the phone’s content. However, due to the size of the update, we would advise using a Wi-Fi connection to download it wherever possible to avoid additional data charges.

"This update will initially roll out to unlocked HTC Desire handsets. Operator specific versions of the update are undergoing testing and we expect to make them available in several weeks’ time.”

Thanks for the info!
emotion-21.gif

My phone's memory is almost full....waiting for this update to move some apps to my SD card!

Although, currently my HTC Desire is drying out after the beach splash last weekend...
emotion-6.gif

Thinking of opening it up & cleaning with 99% alcohol.......

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Didn't think it would be long, HTC are now selling all their phones in China with 2.2 on.

I shall check first thing tomorrow morning! There's been a few app updates I've put off because the latest version will install to SD card under 2.2.

Might have to stick that 8Gb card in, while I wait...

A

Anonymous

I've tried a few 2.2 roms and to be honest they're a little busy. I have a vanilla sparta rom reinstalled and it's like the visual loudness was halved.

A

Anonymous

I've got my 2.2 on T-Mobile but I think it was only as I took the Sim out today. Phone has been very buggy recently (Desire) with the screen freezing so hopefully this firmware will sort it out.

I've been having to remove the battery and reboot every morning......
emotion-6.gif

bigboss:
Thinking of opening it up & cleaning with 99% alcohol.......

Drink it instead and you won't care!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Slightly fancier looking icons for wifi, bluetooth, etc, flashlight works, what else was there?

Aaaah, move apps to SD card! Have to do them one at a time it seems but still... and it's not all apps, only those that allow it, I can only move 6 and that doesn't seem to have saved me too much memory...

Other than that, not a huge amount of difference, hopefully more apps will update with move to SD functionality.

Apropos of nothing, just noticed there's now an official Sky+ app, cool!

My phone's still not working after the water accident. I'm going to buy a screw driver, open it & clean it from inside. Hopefully it'll work, or else, I'll get another Desire.

I tried updating another Desire which I've got (bought for my sister), but I've still not got the update. I have been told that this phone is unlocked by Vodafone sales team, but I don't have any other SIM card to confirm. Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

bigboss, take the Sim and battery out like I did then put back in, it just happened automatically but you could try and force it afterwards?

TRENDING THREADS