Virgin TV - Terrible Service

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else had a bad experience with the Branson crew ?

I've had TV and internet for a year now. Despite several requests I've still had no contract documentation by post or email, and very little communication.

I did manage to log onto their website about a month ago to check my account though, to find they have unilaterally decided to put up charges by about 5%.

The TV Box supplied is slow cheap and clunky, with less channels than Freesat (I went for the basic package) and getting slower !

I was thinking of changing to Sky /BT or a Freesat box but last week i saw theyw ere offering the new TV 6 Box for free. After three phonecalls with waiting periods of over 10 minutes to operators with very bad English i ordered a new box, and a channel upgrade to get more channels. I waited in all day on Wednesday for a delivery that never came, and i still haven't got my chanel upgrade yet !

What a saga !

Virgin really have terrible service

Reactions: eoc69

Samd

jjbomber said:
Hawkwind16 said:
Anyone else had a bad experience with the Branson crew ?

Virgin really have terrible service

Nothing to do with Branson. He only had the mobile phone company and they just use the name Virgin for marketing. It's american owned.

True but Virgin Media is a British company and even though a subsidary of an American company, that company has its HQ in UK also so we really can't blame the Yanks for the poor service!

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Nearly 4 weeks on and Virgin have still not made my requested channel upgrade, despite 2 phone calls and 2 emails
sad_smile.png
angry_smile.png

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
You will be surprised how these companies change from good to nightmare service within months. Happen to me with Vodaphone. Never again.

My experience with Virgin has been fine so far but this was just over 10 months ago. Funny enough I just ordered the V6 box online last week as I qualified for free upgrade, was easy and straight forward.

Just hoping the OP was just unlucky if not I could be in for a real hard time ahead.

insider9

Virgin media is not the worst although dreadful. Virgin Mobile customer services is a joke.

Unfortunately, you're best bet is to write a complaint letter first and consider legal action.

I've had many issues with Virgin Mobile and just when I though Virgin Media were a tad better issues started with them. I can wait to cancel both.

Reactions: eoc69

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
..... still waiting for my channel upgrade !

They've obviously forgotten about me, but I don't understand why they also ignore phonecalls and emails.

I think i'll stop paying the monthly charge and see if that gets their attention, or more likely just close the account.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hawkwind16 said:
..... still waiting for my channel upgrade !

They've obviously forgotten about me, but I don't understand why they also ignore phonecalls and emails.

I think i'll stop paying the monthly charge and see if that gets their attention, or more likely just close the account.

Be careful how you do this, or it could effect your credit rating.

Maybe see Citizens' Advice of get legal advice. At the very least, document your efforts/history in an email to their customer service to explain your actions. Also be as public about your experience as possible on Social Media and maybe copy in your email to someone in charge.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
For me they have mostly always been SUPERB, might be depending upon as to where one lives, no idea, anyway Yes Virgin Media have been GREAT. (for where I live )

All in all, Virgin Media should DO something BETTER for phones...... everything to do with phones, become THE LEADER !

TV and Broadband are very good but phones, OH MY, needs addressing tbh .... JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH tbh.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts