Virgin Media HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
When will Virgin finally catch up with Sky/Freesat with HD channels? At present only BBC HD is available, yes they have VOD HD but we need more HD Channels, i.e ITV Channel4,ect. Come on Mr Branson splash out some of your Millions and make your customers believe they are getting value for money.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
There seems to have been a change of attitude from Virgin on HD in recent months. When I spoke to them a year ago, HD was not a top priority for them.

But more recent announcements suggest they're taking HD more seriously (no doubt prompted by those 1m+ Sky HD boxes Mr Murdoch has sold).

So yes, Sky still remains the best bet for HD, but you'll be able to read more about Virgin's future plans for HD in our new Ultimate Guide to TV, on sale June 4th.

We've interviewed Julia Smith, Virgin Media's head of product management for TV, and she's confirmed Virgin will have 5-6 linear HD channels by the end of this year.

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Too little too late for me I think. While I've found Virgin pretty decent overall, I'll definitely be switching to Sky HD when (and if!) I move house. Having watched the recent Hatton fight in HD at a friend's house, I now know exactly what I've been missing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts