Vinyl + Download or CD

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
A little while ago, there was a thread on here which mentioned that these days a lot of vinyl albums are being sold with download codes or even CDs included.

Can someone please tell me where I can find out whether ones I am interested in have these? I've look on a couple of websites, and it just states "Vinyl" or whatever....

In case it makes a difference, two in particular are the new Florence + The Machine, and and album by a band called Years and Years.

Thanks.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Years and Years = yes: Communion- double vinyl LP.

Found that through the band's official site - often a useful place to look for information about releases, although the F+TM site doesn't mention anything like that...

With CDs in, and a couple with codes in, had a sticker on the plastic cover stating they contained something extra.

I've not used any of the codes for downloads, and the CDs only come in paper sleeves. So in my cd rack you can't see them. I need to get some empty cd cases for them really.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks both... I was hoping that there was a magic bullet on this where there would be something specific to look for. I guess it is just the case that you have to research each album you might want to buy....

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Bigfish, I think we were posting at the same time.... The problem I have is that I really need to buy online, as I find hmv and my local independent to be far too expensive.... The independent is fantastic for CDs though!!!

A lot easier if all new releases came with at least a download code.

ive bought a couple of albums recently, on cd and vinyl . The cd does get used, it also goes on iTunes, and I usually burn a copy for use in the car.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
That was my point in the original thread a wee while ago....

I would buy a lot more vinyl is this was the case, both for the car, and because I travel a lot.... If I'm spending the thick end of twenty quid, I want to be able to listen at any time!

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:
Bigfish, I think we were posting at the same time.... The problem I have is that I really need to buy online, as I find hmv and my local independent to be far too expensive.... The independent is fantastic for CDs though!!!

If you are buying online and not using your local then (although I hate to say it) Amazon, virtually all the vinyl and cds include 'autorip' a free mp3 of the album. once bought just download from amazon. This includes albums that don't normally have a cd or download code.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts