Vintage HiFi with Awesome Detail

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:)

Hey All,

Ok I have a rather odd setup but I have a very good eye for bargains. I have managed to get a Technics SL-PS70 CD Player with a full Pioneer 221Z HiFi. So my budget is small and have partnerd the speakers off the pioneer and the technics with my Audiolab 8000c and 8000p pre and power amp. OK laughable, but after tweaking the speakers the sound is astonishing the detail is what I can describe as mind blowing. I have to listen to every piece music I have ever listend to and get addicted to the sound

What am I asking, Well and Audiolab with Tweaked Pioneer CS595 from the 80's. Am I being naive and not realizing there is far better sound elsewhere? The Technics sounds wonderful with better clarity than my loved Marantz CD63 KI Sig sorry but its true

Over and Out Chaps Rob

Hiya

This is all that really matters. You clearly love the sound your combo gives. There is no right and wrong: Hi-fi is soooo subjective, there's not a 'one size fits all' scenario.

The only true way of knowing whether your set-up is playing to its true potential is to listen to other modern bits of kit and make stringent notes.

I've always said, though: If it ain't broke...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts