viera connect problems

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
I have connected my 50gt30 with a ethernet cable to my bt home hub and it all connected fine, but last night and tonight when i press the internet button all the box's are empty, but have been fine all day.

A

Anonymous

I saw this a few days ago too, at night, but it was accompanied by a message talking about server maintenance - so maybe this is all it was?

It seems that your set relies on the server connection to even show you what apps you've got installed - or even the ability to change your portal's settings...

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times since i got my GT30 tv but never had a message come up, normally it comes back after a few hours or at the latest next day so i would presume it's to do with some sort of maintenance to the network. It's nothing to worry about though and will be back to normal soon, just for your info my connect service is fine this morning.

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replys, it came back on late last night, but once again is not working tonight, i am starting to think that viera connect is a waste of time if every time you want to use it its not working.

A

Anonymous

Had the same problems with my wireless connected 37E30 yesterday and tonight.

My good lady was going to ring panasonic this afternoon but it was working fine, come 19.30 when I wanted to watch some Iplayer, empty boxes.

Very frustrating, have mailed them to make it offical.

I guess it must be them as all test connects are fine.

Fouldsy :cry:

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I too have been having problems for the last 2/3 days with my panasonic gt30. The Viera connect has not worked at all.

Each time I press the internet button on the gt30 remote I get the boxes but they are all empty.

What is interesting though is that people can still call you on skype although the skype box is empty ??!!!!!!

Has anyone got any further with panasonic??

Cheers

yarni

A

Anonymous

Same problems here with a TX-L37DT30B. Last few days OK in the mornings but all grey boxes in the evenings. Had my set 5 months and always been 100% reliable until now. Must be a service issue, strange its happened in the middle of the CES.

A

Anonymous

Hi Everyone

I can confirm that we are fully aware of the problems our customers are having with the Viera Connect service and thank you to all those that have contacted us, every effort is being made to resolve this problem as quickly as we can.

Symptoms as described on this forum include:-

Server error message

Viera Connect only displaying grey boxes

Intermittent functionality with the service

The problem at the moment only seems to present itself in the evenings at higher demand periods, however some users have expressed that they are having some connectivity problems with some applications, when the service is available during the day. This may also be related.

We have created a Viera Connect server error FAQ here www.panasonic.co.uk/faq, we will update this FAQ with any further news or updates that we have in regards to this issue.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of Panasonic for the problems with the Viera Connect service at this time and as I have said we are making every effort to resolve this for all our customers.

We thank you for your patience as we deal with this matter.

Adam

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the update Adam at Panasonic.

I have had further issues myself since posting my last reply...the grey box issue has continued but last night the service seemed to be back again yet when i tried to view any content on the BBC iPlayer app it was extremely stuttery and just unwatchable, i gave up in the end and used my PS3 to view iPlayer on my GT30 tv. It seemed like it was having problems loading the content as you got about 2-3 seconds of footage then a 5 second wait, then 2-3 seconds of footage then a 5 second wait...and on and on and on.

All the apps i have on my tv seem to suffer from issues when they are working at present, hope the info is of some use and that the service is up and running correctly soon.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Quick update, you may have already tried Viera Connect last night and found that it connected.

We did implement a fix to the Viera Connect server yesterday, which appears to have resolved the loss of connection issues.

We will continue to closely monitor the situation, to reduce the chance of further problems.

Once again please accept my apologies on behalf of Panasonic for the temporary loss of this service, and we thank you for your patience whilst we investigated this issue.

Adam

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks for the latest update Adam, it's much appreciated!

Indeed it seems to be back to normal now and i have none of the issues i was having previously so very many thanks to all at Panasonic UK for solving the problems so quickly, i for one, am very grateful. Thank you :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts