vienna acoustics

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
antone got or heard the vienna acoustic Beethoven baby grand speaker? look absolutly stunning. Just wondered what they sound like. Was told they are comparable with sonus faber.

Any views?

A

Anonymous

falcoron:

antone got or heard the vienna acoustic Beethoven baby grand speaker? look absolutly stunning. Just wondered what they sound like. Was told they are comparable with sonus faber.

Any views?
nobody?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I never heard them but was looking to buy (without demo!) about 2 years ago due to great 2nd hand value. A mate told me that they can produce a big scale sound with good imaging if a bit limited to a lowest bass responds. Classical music fan love them....

I think speakers's name say it all mate.

Try Acoustic Zen Addagios, they are as good as anything this side of £4K. Living Vioce OBX are also very nice with your taste in music, female vocal and Jazz. or Weald Audio have a pair of Talon for not too much money, a great buy too.

As for me I am done with speakers
emotion-11.gif

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
falcoron:

Any views?

Hi Falcoron,

Funnily enough,i'm attending a demo. of the Vienna Acoustic's 'Beethoven Concert Grand' 3-way floorstander with a colleague of mine next week.Which may lead to another audition with one of the Klimt series(most likely 'The Kiss' or an outside possibility of 'The Music').

They may share a few sonic characteristics with the Sonus Fabers however,i understand that Vienna Acoustic's 'house sound' is comparatively a little less forward or pronounced in the mid-band,more coherent bass-wise & on the whole more even & open over the frequency range,but they're just as immaculately finished as the Sonus Faber's speakers are,though rather more angular & modern in design.

If you don't mind waiting,i'll let you know my initial impressions.Until then,check out the review of VA's 'Beethoven Baby Grand' & 'The Music' in The Absolute Sound mag. or on their website www.avguide.com in particular: http://www.avguide.com/product/vienna-acoustics/beethoven-baby-grand ,here: http://www.avguide.com/blog/vienna-acoustics%E2%80%99-revolutionary-driver-the-ideal-realized & here: http://www.avguide.com/review/tas-195-vienna-acoustics-the-music-loudspeaker

Hope this proves helpfull to you.

BABUR.

Trahern

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi Falcoron

I had the VA Beethoven Baby Grand's on demo at home for a couple of weeks and on the whole loved the sound. Thought they were good value for the money. They have a rich laid back sound but some very decent bass. Very musical speakers but put them in a 5.1 system and they are very impressive indeed. Beautifully made. The Piano black are very nice indeed (or you can get beech for the same price). The Rosewood version is more expensive but make for a beautiful piece of furniture and they are not too big. Essentially fell in love with them.

My reservations such as they are were they tended to roll off the top end a bit and were perhaps just too polite, never quite got excited enough even when you felt they ought to. As a result I would not recommend them for heavy metal but most other things particularly vocals and classical they are great.

I now have the VA Beethoven Concert Grand's on loan. Better mid range and top end and do get excited when needed. Lots of detail. Very easy to listen to and never fatiguing. Definitely feel like you're there with the performers. The sort of speaker you'd want to keep for a very long time. However they are quite tall and about another £1k more expensive than the Babies.

The other thing you need to be aware of is that they both need to be positioned some distance from the rear wall preferably a meter if you can manage it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts