Very high quality Audioquest speaker cable and interconnect for sale

Jackm219

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Not sure how to go about selling some high end speaker cable and rca cables I have. I contacted Audioquest to confirm their rrp price and have listed the cables on eBay at a significant reduction.

I have two 8ft lengths of Audioquest Volcano speaker cable. This cable came out in 2006 and is ridiculously good! Super thick, most people won't even recognise it as speaker cable aha.

I am also selling an Audioquest Anaconda rca interconnect pair. Again these were the best you could buy in their day and are also incredible.

I have listed the cables on eBay, please read my description there for more detail. With regards to price this is what I received from the Audioquest team:
''After researching this with our Irvine team, we have the following on record as the latest available pricing:[*]Volcano from 2006 price book, retail was 2950.00 / pair[*]Anaconda from 2002 price book, retail was 887.50 / pair''[/list]

I am open to offers but am looking for £350 for the RCA pair and £950 for the speaker cable pair.

I am happy to ship at buyer's expense and will package the cables well. Alternatively, collection from East Sussex, UK.

Any questions please ask. Listing can be found on EBay UK and includes photos.

Jackm219

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Ah okay, I will look at advertising them on a dedicated hifi selling website.

I think cable price price can be justified as 10% of system cost. If you are willing to spend 10s of thousands on amps and speakers the cable price is relative and reasonable.

In terms of whether they make a difference, they certainly do! I was blown away when I first heard the difference. I highly recommend cable upgrades and getting the chance to listen to high end cables at hifi shows and showrooms etc.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Anybody 'blown away' by a cable change is a fibbler of the highest order imho.

That or deluded. Take your pick :)

Not that I don't believe or heard that cables can indeed influence the result, understand.

What makes it more fishy is that the OP's system as in the signature is hardly one that would warrant spending much on cables ... no offense.

He will now probably reply that his bedroom system comprises of a Burmester/Nagra system with some exotic speakers ...

I do of course apologise if I got it wrong :)

drummerman said:

Not that I don't believe or heard that cables can indeed influence the result, understand.

What makes it more fishy is that the OP's system as in the signature is hardly one that would warrant spending much on cables ... no offense.

He will now probably reply that his bedroom system comprises of a Burmester/Nagra system with some exotic speakers ...

+1

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Jackm219 said:
Ah okay, I will look at advertising them on a dedicated hifi selling website.

I think cable price price can be justified as 10% of system cost. If you are willing to spend 10s of thousands on amps and speakers the cable price is relative and reasonable.

In terms of whether they make a difference, they certainly do! I was blown away when I first heard the difference. I highly recommend cable upgrades and getting the chance to listen to high end cables at hifi shows and showrooms etc.

Ebay is good for selling, at a proper reasonable price. Mind you the faceless non tax paying Ebay Corp take their greedy 10%

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
drummerman said:
davidf said:
drummerman said:
Ah, but how do you know what he experienced? Interpretation is everything, and how we convey they interpretation is another...

Fair point
Having had a good sleep over it and time to procastrinate ...
I have now decided to revert to my original opinion.

I think it may be BS :)

Jackm219

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Apologies I have provoked so much anger.

I am quite shocked at most of your scepticism. I'm not going to continue to justify the difference cables make or start to justify whether these cables are real?!

Please just listen to upgraded equipment before passing judgement.

It seems like these forums are turning into petty jealousy and bigotry rather than offering advice and answering the original question. Please, if you are not interested in the cables or cannot offer advice on where to sell them more appropriately, I don't feel a reply would be relevant.

Jackm219

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
drummerman said:

Correct, my bedroom system does not warrant this type of spending and hence these cables were not used there.

I realise my my opinion is clouded by the fact I'm selling these cables aha but I seriously was blown away with these cables.

Jackm219

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Nothing serious or advanced whatsoever. I replaced existing chord silverscreen with it. I honestly didn't expect any change and was sceptical myself. Believe me or not but I felt the sound turn into a thick liquid, harsh highs disappeared, the sound was warmer and richer, sort of like cd to vinyl.

A very unquantifiable description but that's just my experience aha. Go to a shop and listen to their top range speaker cable yourself.

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
This of course is a circular debate, vive la difference, but my view is that cables do make a difference. I certainly think so for interconnects based on my experience, but have yet to play around so much with speaker cables - I now have some expensive QED XT400 which soon i will use to compare with my QED silver anniversary speaker cables. Same company, different price.

I'm currently in the market for some new interconnects to add to my collection, just not sure that spending loads of money on them can be justified. The price of some cables (eg Russ Andrews Select) is ridiculous - I think they just target the rich pensioner market to make huge profits where people don't care what they spend ! My recent acquisitions were sh on ebay but with RRP's around £150 - what i'd call good midrange products.

idc

I have been selling some cables on ebay, to mixed results. The suff that ends today unsold (after 3 weeks of auctions) is going to be advertsed for sale on a hifi forum that has a for sale section. If that does not work, in the bin they go.

The stuff I am finding hardest to shift is specific to older equiopment, SCARTs and ipods with the 21 pin connection. The interconnects sold first time of asking and were sold for more than I bought them for (£21, bought for about £12).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts