Very grainy image

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was watching 28 Weeks Later on blu-ray off my Pioneer BDP-LX70A on my Samsung 37" LE37R88BD. Throughout certain sceens though the image was terribly grainy. At some points I felt it was so bad I wanted to stop watching it. I've had some similar experiences (not as bad as that) with other blu-ray films.

Why is this? Have I got some setting wrong somewhere? It is particulary on darker sceens but I'm desperate to get rid of it! Does anyone know why or have suggestions about what I can do please!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, there's a lot of movies deliberately given a grainy look to make them more gritty - lord knows what Cloverfield's going to look like in HD, being as most of it has been given that Blair Witch-camcorder look.

The other issue with night scenes is that the sensitivity of the camera is turned right up, which can introduce digital noise - which is what you're seeing.

I'd also check your set's picture modes - features like 'sharpening' can make digital noise look even worse.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="03bintls"]
I was watching 28 Weeks Later on blu-ray off my Pioneer BDP-LX70A on my Samsung 37" LE37R88BD. Throughout certain sceens though the image was terribly grainy. At some points I felt it was so bad I wanted to stop watching it. I've had some similar experiences (not as bad as that) with other blu-ray films.

Why is this? Have I got some setting wrong somewhere? It is particulary on darker sceens but I'm desperate to get rid of it! Does anyone know why or have suggestions about what I can do please!!
[/quote]

You should try '300' then. oooh thats grainy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts