Very best in-ear headphones that with control and mic for Samsung galaxy note 2 ?

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Note 2 too, although I don't get on with in-ears so can't help much there. I've tried quite a few on-ears with in-line controls. Most are made for Apple stuff and only the main button (play / pause / skip track) works with the Note 2 (most android stuff) and not the volume controls. If that's OK with you then it should be pretty easy to find something. If you want all the buttons to work you'll be quite limited I think. Standardising controls for android deviced appears to be a royal pain in the ass. I think that Philips are the only company to have an in-line control system that works with everything, but I've heard nothing about their in-ears.

Your question is posed like a 'money is no object' one, do you have a budget?

On a slight tangent, here is a sneak preview of one of my forthcoming articles about improving portable audio. In this case connecting a DAC and battery powered headphone amplifier to a Galaxy Note 2 (which also works with a few other Samsung smartphones)...

EDD_6382b.jpg

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
I'd be prepared to pay up to £250 for decent in-ears or not too big on ears like my B&W P5, I also have Kliosch X10i in-ears both were used with my iPhone 5 but now I have the Samsung galaxy note 2 I'm fed up with not have volume and skip functions :(

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know what you mean, why couldn't they standardise these features through all phones!! Well the Sennheiser Momentum and Amperior's middle button (play / pause / skip) worked on the Note 2. I would recommend them both, but I'd say they are both overpriced @ £260. It is annoying that the volume controls wont work though. If it was Philips that have working volume controls then maybe the Fidelio L1 will work. The L1 is a pretty good sounding headphone, I've only briefly played with it and it sounded like a slightly warmer and less refined version of the Momentum, but it's also a bit cheaper. I saw that for £160 once.

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
If someone invented and sold an adapter that made 'Made For iPhone' headphones fully work with Samsung mobiles they'd be onto a winner - even after paying me 20% for my intellectual property rights cut for having the idea first ;) - well that is if they didn't get dragged into court by Apple! :cheers:

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Ha! Quick copywrite it :). Although you may be on to something there with the reason why this seems to be so hard to do. Apple do love their law suits don't they? :p

I guess if you had some headphones with a removable cable that has standard 3.5mm jacks on both ends you could just add a cable in. The Sennheiser Amperior kind of works that way (although the Momentum doesn't. Also the Amperior is a 'female > male' rather than 'male > male' like the other few headphones that do it (eg: V-Moda).

TRENDING THREADS