VDH or Chord interconnects?

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I'm torn between the VDH Orchid or the Chord Anthem 2 interconnects. Anybody with any experience to share about either cable? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]It's depend which colour you prefer! :)[/quote]

Or how rich and gullible you are.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Zoot Horn Rollo"][quote user="Thaiman"]It's depend which colour you prefer! :)[/quote]

Or how rich and gullible you are.[/quote]

And here we go again...

A

Anonymous

No! It's really Impor..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Find a decent shop, take both home on loan, plus something cheaper to appease our venerable malodorous octogenarian friend, and try them out. Buy the one you prefer or is cheapest if you can't make your mind up.

If the shop won't lend you them (with a deposit maybe) then find another shop!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I found VDH's products boring! like Jimmy said, if you gonna buy them brand new - you sould demo them first. If you going after them on Ebay then I would pick Chord as they're properly screened and well build.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I just picked up a used VDH Orchid cable. Couldn't find a used Chord Anthem 2 in 1.0m length. Will let you know how it goes against my Merlin Verdi II.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
No, VDH wins! Real David vs Goliath battle based on the physical dimensions of the two cables. The VDH Orchid is a remarkably thin 2.9mm overall diameter including the insulation.

In terms of performance, Merlin was bright, hard and edgy. VDH was more fluid, organic but still unveiled a tremendous amount of detail. VDH was clearly better in reproducing the harmonics and timbre of acoustic instruments. So The Orchid stays, and the Verdi II goes on the market.

I have owned two VDH interconnects before (The First Ultimate and The Integration Hybrid). Those had carbon in the construction and I found them to be overly smooth and lacking in sparkle. This new breed of VDH is a different animal altogether.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Nice write up pal, glad you the Orchid. I though Merlin best asset is their treble preformance - different ears, different taste and all that.....I will have to try the orchid when the chance come my way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts