Van Den Hul Interconnects

georges

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

Van Den Hull Phono Leads D-102 Mk 111 Connected Between Linn Pre And Power Amp. Also From Linto MC Amp To Pre

Amp. One End Of These Cables Has Got "Ground End" So All Connections Are From The Source. Van Den Hul Thinks It

Might Be Better With "Ground End" From The Power Amp. Is This A Balanced Or Unbalanced Theory? System Has A Bright

Sound With Low Bass, No Problem To Reverse The Leads, But Would Like A Bit Of Info.Any Suggestions Wecome

Thanks

System. Linn LP12 1983 Upgraded High End. Kairn Phono Pre Amp Linto MC Amp With Klout, Kaber Speakers

Meridan 200 Black Box 606

emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi georges, I'm not sure I fully understand where you are coming from here. However when I replaced my interconnections I also found bass was good but the high end was too bright. The brightness will calm down after a burn in period. Meaning it can take up to a couple of weeks with them playing through your system before the interconnections will sound as they should, and they will as you have bought very good ones.

georges

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi I.D.C.

Thanks, At Times I Dont Think Where I Am Coming From Myself ! Maby After Burn In The Brightness Will Tone Down.

Maby The Linn System Does Not Like Van Den Hul.
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

No such thing as burn in with interconnects - the sound will not change.

VDH interconnects are not known for being bright.

A

Anonymous

Heystack I am basing my knowledge on upgrading my interconnecters and running them on a daily basis for three weeks. After that period I put my old Linn interconnecters back on and listened to a couple of albums. Then changed back to my new cables. The difference was remarkable. I had a better sound stage which in turn gave the bass a wider sound field and a far smoother treble. Georges. Trust me. Run your new cables for three weeks as regular as possible. After that period put you old cables back on to your system and listen to a couple of albums. Then put your new cables back on and hear the difference. No cable is going to add better sound no matter the price. But it does make the music clearer and wider in turn making playback much more enjoyable. Please come back and tell us what you think after a few weeks Georges. Quality Interconnect cables do need a burn in period. Experienced staff at what hi fi will confirm this. They guy's who listen to equipment for a living.

A

Anonymous

I.D.C.:Heystack I am basing my knowledge on upgrading my interconnecters and running them on a daily basis for three weeks. After that period I put my old Linn interconnecters back on and listened to a couple of albums. Then changed back to my new cables. The difference was remarkable. I had a better sound stage which in turn gave the bass a wider sound field and a far smoother treble. Georges. Trust me. Run your new cables for three weeks as regular as possible. After that period put you old cables back on to your system and listen to a couple of albums. Then put your new cables back on and hear the difference. No cable is going to add better sound no matter the price. But it does make the music clearer and wider in turn making playback much more enjoyable. Please come back and tell us what you think after a few weeks Georges. Quality Interconnect cables do need a burn in period. Experienced staff at what hi fi will confirm this. They guy's who listen to equipment for a living.

My own experience is that burn in made no difference with a demo pair of brand new Chord Signature interconnects.

They sounded no different after days of continuous use.

Its just my opinion / findings.

A

Anonymous

Hi Haystack, if your cables were used for demonstration that would mean they have been used on equipment therefore a burn in period has already taken place before your purchase?

A

Anonymous

I.D.C.:
Hi Haystack, if your cables were used for demonstration that would mean they have been used on equipment therefore a burn in period has already taken place before your purchase?

The Signature interconnects were brand new out of the box - they had not been used before.

A

Anonymous

With the 102 you'll find one of the best value interconnects with a set up such as yours.

TRENDING THREADS