valve amps

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi everyone as you may know from previous posts i have fully upgraded my main hi fi system. I have been left with a marantz cd 5400 cd player and a pair of heybrook hb1 standmount speakers which i want to install in my spare room/study and have seen a Dared valve amp in my local dealers for under 500 pounds I think the model no is vp 16 I was wondering has any one got experiance of owning a valve amp and weather i would be better of buying a transister amp for less say a rotel ra04 or nad 352.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
your heybrook speaker's are fairly high sensitive so no problem driving them.i use a valve amp with my mordaunt short pageant series 1,once you hear valve amps you may find it hard to go back to solid state amps.many people say they have a rose tinted view of the music,i would say warm and musical with nice tuneful bass,not to say i am against solid state, i have used some nice ss amps over the years but none of them compares to the sound of valves.if you do go the ss route and if you can afford it cyrus 6 vs will work well with your heybrook's,i used a cyrus 2 with hb1's and they work well together.don't forget to look on the web for valve amp manafacturers,there are many out there with prices not as expensive as many think.

good luck and let us know how you get on.gregory.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts