Valve amp

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Oooh now that would be telling wouldnt it, hence i have no sig. But (note no brand names,lol). I run a 300B single ender and a pair of 845 monos. Depending on what mood im in kinda makes my mind up which one/ones i plumb into the gas. Speaker wise, ART Moderne 10s, ive mentioned these before on here so no point not disclosing that innit.

Likes to keep em guessing i does. ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid said:
Oooh now that would be telling wouldnt it, hence i have no sig. But (note no brand names,lol). I run a 300B single ender and a pair of 845 monos. Depending on what mood im in kinda makes my mind up which one/ones i plumb into the gas. Speaker wise, ART Moderne 10s, ive mentioned these before on here so no point not disclosing that innit.

You certainly like to keep your powder dry.....looking very nice indeed. 8)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
O my word... thought this listening to HiFi was supposed to be a relaxing passtime! LOL!

Might be more straightforward with cat litter? I think that's what you said as an alternitive?

Cheers

Mac

Who said anything about relaxing!!

If this sorts the problem, it will be a cheap fix....also try the heavy tiles under the stands.

If you go the cat litter route, get as fine a stuff as possible. As far as I know, Inter_Voice uses it on here (I have no experience of it, but it should be a good damping material).

EDIT. Just found this....looks like rice could be the way to go (the test was conducted on the HL5): http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/152592-alternate-speaker-stand-damping-material.html

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
EDIT. Just found this....looks like rice could be the way to go (the test was conducted on the HL5): http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/152592-alternate-speaker-stand-damping-material.html

The third post is class , straight out of my top drawer. Brilliant :rofl:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid said:
CnoEvil said:

The third post is class , straight out of my top drawer. Brilliant :rofl:

If scoffing....the use of chopsticks is essential! :)

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:
O my word... thought this listening to HiFi was supposed to be a relaxing passtime! LOL!

Might be more straightforward with cat litter? I think that's what you said as an alternitive?

Cheers

Mac

Who said anything about relaxing!!

If this sorts the problem, it will be a cheap fix....also try the heavy tiles under the stands.

If you go the cat litter route, get as fine a stuff as possible. As far as I know, Inter_Voice uses it on here (I have no experience of it, but it should be a good damping material).

Excellent! my wife's Asian, so we've always got plenty of rice about... will give it a whirl.

Need to buy some of those granite boards, the tiles are too small.

Cheers

Mac

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
floyd droid said:

Sounds similar to Paul's from Jordan's equipment...

Remembered the other Mastersound he mentioned, the DueTrenta... any views?

Cheers

Mac

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
Excellent! my wife's Asian, so we've always got plenty of rice about... will give it a whirl.

Cheers

Mac

I hope your wife is long suffering - I'm trying to picture her expression as you say you are going to fill your stands full of rice!!.....actually, come to think of it, I know that expression only too well!

The granite boards are 30cm x 40 cm......is that big enough?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:

Cheers

Mac

I hope your wife is long suffering - I'm trying to picture her expression as you say you are going to fill your stands full of rice!!.....actually, come to think of it, I know that expression only too well!

Just have to pick my moment.... bless her, only last night, she asked when will all this be over... didn't have the heart to tell her it never does.

shifty.gif

The granite boards are 30cm x 40 cm......is that big enough?

Not sure, have to check before buying.

Cheers

Mac

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Macspur said:
Sounds similar to Paul's from Jordan's equipment...

Remembered the other Mastersound he mentioned, the DueTrenta... any views?

Cheers

Mac

Yeah it runs on KT88s :p. Nah sorry Mac thats all i know about the Due Trenta. Havnt heard it so cant help with that baby. Even if i had heard it, it would be pointless giving my views anyways if you think about it.

I remembered last night that i have heard the Compact plumbed into a system. Twas up at JAs. Stunning sounds falling out of the speakers, albeit from a set up that would make your wallet cry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts