V+ online LED

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Why does the online blue LED flash on a V+ box?? Mine started this afternoon. Also no on demand. Virgin rapid reaction next wednesday so any thoughts in the meantime?

Messiah

I believe it flashes when the service is unavailable.

Solid light - connected to the internet (also needed for 'On Demand')

Flashing light - not connected to the internet (hence 'On Demand' is unavailable)

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Makes sense thankyou.

Just have to wait till Wednesday now to get someone to look at it. Have not done anything to box why would it suddenly stop working like that??? tinternet up and running fine in house also same provider?????

Messiah

Not really sure I'm afraid but the same has happened to me. Although they use the same line I can only guess they are independent systems so that one fault does not affect the other.

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
True Blue:Why does the online blue LED flash on a V+ box?? Mine started this afternoon. Also no on demand. Virgin rapid reaction next wednesday so any thoughts in the meantime?

Try unplugging box, leaving for few minutes then plug back in again. Has sorted problem on mine before. Sometimes goes off line every now and then. Usually comes back. Naver had to call Virgin

Messiah

In my experience it means the box is not receiving a connection from the web and so the 'On Demand' will not work. Try resetting the box or you may have to give Virgin a call.

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
Also recomment that you don't do anything with channels for the first minute after picture is displayed. This is a Virgin recommendation, make sure the connection is tight at the back of the box too...

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks guys, tried all of above........no joy. Still flashing light and error code 1021 coming up when I try to access on demand :-(.

Has anyone had a V+ box replaced? Is there a way to transfer my recordings from old box to new (hope so)

Messiah

I have not had to replace one but I would be very suprised if they could transfer recordings over. You would probably have to send them to an external recorder.

However, I expect the fault is just a technical blip at Virgin's end and will be rectified soon - so don't worry!

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
I think you won't have the option if they replace the box, unless you can transfer to DVD / HDD recorder your poss up the swanny, Recording transfer is real time from the V+ box and done from the second SCART socket, Instructions are straight forward using the V+ button and option 4, transfer to DVD. If you have a lot on it, loads of time required to do this. Not sure if the engineer is capable or able to swap the HDD over either

sc00bie

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that, do you think they will leave the oldbox for a few days while I swap the HDD
emotion-4.gif

If not think the way ahead is to bring forward the purchase of a DVD recorder. Is it possible to hook up PC via ethernet socket and download to computer hard drive?

Messiah

True Blue:

If not think the way ahead is to bring forward the purchase of a DVD recorder. Is it possible to hook up PC via ethernet socket and download to computer hard drive?

No idea about the PC option I'm afraid.

Are you sure the box is broken?? Just sounds like a Virgin fault.

However, if you have stuff you really want to keep you should probably get the recorder to be on the safe side. (If the PC option is not viable)

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
quick search on the error code kinda points towards the network side of things, so hope that the box is ok, I don't see why they can't leave the box for a couple of days if you really need to transfer off recordings, as long as they think your doing it officially! Don't think the rj45 can be used for this, I'm not sure what file system is used for the HDD.... even if you use DHCP and a crossover to the V box whether you can 'see' the HDD content is debateable.

I'd go with Messiah and it being more Virgins fault at their end.

sc00bie

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks guys, bit more digging and have found I have no return path and the box has not been assigned with an IP address, strange considering everthing had been working fine for ages.

Anyhow, another friendly call to Virgin India and they can assure me that their side of things is fine and would I like an engineer to call tomorrow am instead of Wednesday (very handy seeing as have now saved them a bit of time). Will let you know the outcome.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Virgin Engineer turned up today one minute to twelve. Box not locking onto the tinterweb, internal fault. New box all ok now (except how lost all programs
emotion-6.gif
and planned series.

Anyway anyone recommend any good DVD recorders (just in case it happens again)

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts