V+ HD box outputs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Basically, does it have composite outputs?

The reason I have got to this point is that my broadband connection went down last night - I thought I got BB from Virgin but they denied all knowledge and said i had just been paying for phone line. (which looks accurate once I properly looked at the bills) The only other media company I give money to is Sky and they confirmed they don't give me BB. So it looks like I have been getting free BB since Virgin took over Telewest (my original supplier) - Virgin denies this could have happened.

So now, i need a new BB supplier. It would be easier to stick with Virgin as the infrastructure is there and then that leads to the decision over bundling the TV in as well. If Virgin could get their hands on SKY sports HD then I would move in a flash (probably why SKy is guarding their HD content).

My HD box at present sends picture via HDMI to the TV in the lounge and composite through the floor to the projector in the cellar. To avoid major carpet/drilling/cabling issues it would help my decision process if I knew what the V+ box outputs were.

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
True Bull:
Basically, does it have composite outputs?

The reason I have got to this point is that my broadband connection went down last night - I thought I got BB from Virgin but they denied all knowledge and said i had just been paying for phone line. (which looks accurate once I properly looked at the bills) The only other media company I give money to is Sky and they confirmed they don't give me BB. So it looks like I have been getting free BB since Virgin took over Telewest (my original supplier) - Virgin denies this could have happened.

So now, i need a new BB supplier. It would be easier to stick with Virgin as the infrastructure is there and then that leads to the decision over bundling the TV in as well. If Virgin could get their hands on SKY sports HD then I would move in a flash (probably why SKy is guarding their HD content).

My HD box at present sends picture via HDMI to the TV in the lounge and composite through the floor to the projector in the cellar. To avoid major carpet/drilling/cabling issues it would help my decision process if I knew what the V+ box outputs were.

Thanks

You say you HD box at present. What HD box is it? If it's Sky, go with their broadband. They even offer a free package (if you live in an area where it's available). If not, the next level up is only a fiver a month. I really can't see Virgin getting Sky Sports HD for a long time, if ever.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I have a Thomson SKY HD box, since June 2006. Started having a few rewind issues over the past month so am looking into a capacitor/PSU upgrade as I have only recently found out that the thomson boxes are prone to this sort of thing. Although it has been problem free for over 36months. I would prefer to keep the sky HD content but just from keeping installation disruption to a minimum it would be easier to go the Virgin route. I'll look into SKY BB as well, see if I can negotiate between the 2.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
True Bull:
Thanks, I have a Thomson SKY HD box, since June 2006. Started having a few rewind issues over the past month so am looking into a capacitor/PSU upgrade as I have only recently found out that the thomson boxes are prone to this sort of thing. Although it has been problem free for over 36months. I would prefer to keep the sky HD content but just from keeping installation disruption to a minimum it would be easier to go the Virgin route. I'll look into SKY BB as well, see if I can negotiate between the 2.

If you are having problems with your box, phone them up and say that you want to cancel and then rejoin - £49, new, better box with 12 month warranty. I did this and they just sold me the box in the end, instead of going through all the palaver. Broadband is easy as with Sky.

TRENDING THREADS