UTTER SKY RIP OFF !!!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just had a conversation with the area manager of A national pub chain, claiming that the breweries are now removing, or are NOT going to renew their pub subcriptions to sky next year.
I for one was dumbfounded when my local landlord who stated his bill for a years coverage had risen from £8,000 to £13,000 on a hike implemented by the greedy Sky outfit.

Most pubs are owned by breweries now and have set budgets to provide entertainment, these prices are now putting the landlords into a no win situation.

Sky not only wants its pound of flesh from advertising, the priveledge of watching their packages, watching HD content and now robbing the local pub.

I can see the Saturday/Sunday afternoon watching the match in your pub a thing of the past...!!!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Would it be inappropriate to say

1) Good. I will be able to enjoy my pint and roast dinner in peace and:

2) Well, lets hope the increased revenue will subsidise free HD for all.

A

Anonymous

So that's an extra £5000 pa which is an extra £100 pw roughly. If you had even only 50 people watching that's less than a pint each they have to buy a week.

I'm with al7478 on this - isn't the point of football to go and watch at the ground, support your local team etc.?? and some would say watching lower Premier League, or Championship teams couldn't really be called entertainment anyway, which is presumably why the breweries have cut it from their entertainment budgets!
emotion-22.gif

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Must admit, I certainly wouldn't weep if my local turned the TV and projector off.

I tend to go there to meet friends after work and have a bite to eat and a natter, and constant shouting at the referee and players from the "supporters" (he really won't hear you, lads - it's a telly...) does tend to get tiresome...

A

Anonymous

Dont sky realise that 3 pubs a week are closing due to the credit crunch.

If pubs have to cancel sky due to the increased costs it could cause even more pubs to close if punters stop going to the pub as much.

GREEDY GREEDY Sky shareholders.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
greychins46:

So that's an extra £5000 pa which is an extra £100 pw roughly. If you had even only 50 people watching that's less than a pint each they have to buy a week.

This just covers the increase in the Sky price, what about the rest of the cost? How may people would you need then!

Anyway "only 50"! - Pubs are being hit pretty hard with the recession don't you know.

Can pubs just not get Setanta for a domestic price and ditch Sky?

A

Anonymous

al7478:

Well what can I say horses for courses...!

I do watch my local team play!... I also have a season ticket for manyoo and had one for the last 12 years, but do I have to go to every ground in the country to see other football.. der think not!

Also I have a wife who can cook..!
obviously you dont

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
bulloy:al7478:

Well what can I say horses for courses...! I do watch my local team play!... I also have a season ticket for manyoo and had one for the last 12 years, but do I have to go to every ground in the country to see other football.. der think not! Also I have a wife who can cook..! obviously you dont

LOL!

Not at all sure what your penultimate point is about. As for your last, no I do'nt.

You obviously tried hard to find one who supports your sexism, and succeeded. Well done ;)

Best of out of it, i say ;)

A

Anonymous

al7478:bulloy:al7478:

Well what can I say horses for courses...! I do watch my local team play!... I also have a season ticket for manyoo and had one for the last 12 years, but do I have to go to every ground in the country to see other football.. der think not! Also I have a wife who can cook..! obviously you dont

LOL!

Not at all sure what your penultimate point is about. As for your last, no I do'nt.

You obviously tried hard to find one who supports your sexism, and succeeded. Well done ;)

Best of out of it, i say ;)

No Sexism in my abode matey!!!!
Just good cooked home food!
The whole issue is about the cost Sky throttles out of the punter! [EDITED BY MODS - PLEASE DO NOT ATTACK OTHER FORUM MEMBERS]

A

Anonymous

[EDITED BY MODS - PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS MODERATION. AND PLEASE CALM DOWN]

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Is it International Arguing Day today?

No it isn't.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
I'm not aware of any licensing restrictions on Freesat so why don't the breweries just buy Freesat HD boxes and put Freesat HD in?

The Foxsat's going to cost them a one off £140 with no further costs.

They can attach it to the existing Sky dish and cable and will still have some sporting events such as cup football, Euros, Rugby, Tennis etc to show for free, most of which is in HD.

idc

RodhasGibson:It certainly looks like it to me also, Prof

Well it doesn't look so to me RodhasGibson, I would suggest you check your facts first!

P.S re Sky, they will be trying to at least maintain their revenew from fewer pubs, who are having to try harder to pull the punters in.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
bulloy:Today I am calm and collected and will not shout

I will.

emotion-22.gif
emotion-22.gif
emotion-22.gif
emotion-22.gif
TELL YOUR LOCAL PUB TO GET FREESAT HD IN FOR A ONE OFF £140.
emotion-22.gif
emotion-22.gif
emotion-22.gif
emotion-22.gif

Then you can all watch 6 Nations Rugby, FA Cup, Champions League, UEFA Cup Football, England Matches, Wimbledon, Olympics all in HD.

...and the pubs quids in.
emotion-2.gif

Mines a free pint landlord!
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Only one problem with that!
No premiership football, all the other sports are short period or intermitant through the year.

Never the less it could be the way forward

nice one!

A

Anonymous

fatboyslimfast:Must admit, I certainly wouldn't weep if my local turned the TV and projector off.

I tend to go there to meet friends after work and have a bite to eat and a natter, and constant shouting at the referee and players from the "supporters" (he really won't hear you, lads - it's a telly...) does tend to get tiresome...

Got to agree there....pubs are (for me) more about a quiet drink with my wife or chatting to friends.

Still I would miss the six nations and a pint of guinness :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts