Using the pre-outs.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've connected the front Left & Right pre-outs from Sony 1200ES to Pioneer A-607R stereo Amp.

Using the Direct switch to bypass tone controls. The Pioneer does a better job of stereo than the reciever IMO. It's quite a few years old now and I don't know how it compares to Marantz PM6002 or any other newer best buy etc..However I'm pleased with the sound quality and very much looking forward to my new pair of B&W 685 speakers on tuesday
emotion-2.gif

My question is: a) As the Pioneer A-607R is now discontinued I found a 2nd hand one for a reasonable price.(£145) Should I get this to connect to the Surround Left/Surround Right pre-outs as I have with the fronts. i.e. matching amplifiers with identical characteristics and specifications. Or go with the Marantz PM6002 ?. And if so, which one to use at front and which one to use as surround ?.

This would also mean that the Sony 1200ES would only be used for driving the center channel and Subwoofer and doing all the decoding etc..and master volume.

I'm convinced this is a worthwhile upgrade/solution considering I can't afford the Pioneer SC-LX81 for at least the next year or so, (A newer one would be out by then, no doubt!)

b)On the Sony 1200ES , when A.F.D.AUTO is selected I get a 2.1 sound from a stereo source. Is this feature/setting/mode available on ALL A/V recievers?

Thanks Luke

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure I'd bother having 3 amps on at the same time. The 1200ES is a good receiver, I'd leave that to power C and the rears and then spend the dough on getting a better 2 channel amp for stereo listening.

A

Anonymous

So if I waited a year (the above idea was for a tempory upgrade) would the Pioneer SC-LX81 be satisfactory in the Stereo department ?.

A

Anonymous

Never heard it though I'm sure it'll be more than satisfactory. Someone on here will have heard it I'm sure. It's up to you though, a year's a long time, perhaps get something like the 6002 and sell it on when you get the Pioneer?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts