Using Onkyo TX SR 606 with PS3- no surround sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

the problem that i need help with begins with me connecting my ps3 to my onkyo tx sr 606 using an hdmi cable. this question may be very elemental but i would like to understand what am i doing wrong if i am not getting sound out of my rear speakers. only the front and center speakers are working. i have set the audio setting on my ps3 to auto, but i can't figure out how to configure my receiver to rectify this setting. would be grateful for any help that i can get with this.

Thanks, adeeyl

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm guessing the rear speakers are probably off, I cant quite remember but you need to go into the menu and somewhere there you can adjust the volume levels. The rears are probably on 0

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The first question has to be, what are you playing on the PS3? If you're playing a film, it's far more likely the amp is set up incorrectly rather than the PS3. However, have a look here for the standard settings.

A

Anonymous

thanks professor hat,

you are right, the amp wasn't setup correctly; i had the dolby settings wrong. managed to fix them after tinkering with them for a while. thanks for the reply though, the link is quite useful, im sure it'll come in handy soon.

merry christmas, and some very happy holidays!!

cheers

A

Anonymous

hi skularatna,

thanks for replying. you are right, the rear speakers could have been off. checked that too, but i managed to get the dolby setting right after playing around with them. learnt a thing or two.

merry christmas and happy holidays!

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts