Using DLNA Server on Onkyo TXNR709 with UWE-1 Wireless, Does it support anything besides music.

bobdupuy

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I have this set up so that I can acess media on a wirelessly-connect PC (DLNA Server). When I click on the PC name in the DLNA Server Window, a list of Windows Media folders appears. Only the Music Folder is accessiblem the others have a Red X which indicates they are not available. I have opened up everything in Media Streaming Services. What I want to know is whether DLNA Server is capable of granting access to these other media types, or do I still have something set wrong on the PC?

T

the record spot

Hi, yes, the Onkyo should pick up non-music media files too. Mine does - photos, music, videos...the works. Not a hitch.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
bobdupuy said:
What I want to know is whether DLNA Server is capable of granting access to these other media types, or do I still have something set wrong on the PC?

I had the 709 and I faced same challenge whereas my Sony TV is able to play the Video files as well. I guess not all DLNA clients are equal.

I did not try too much as DLNA with video was quite challenging (I had the same unable to pay videos from DLNA on a Panasonic BluRay Player - 220)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts