Using Apple Products

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I run an 'Apple audio system'.

Really it's an Airport Express, with optical digital output to the hi-fi.

I can stream my iPod Touch directly to it - no need for a computer, it's really very cool!

Also the MacBook can stream to it too.

A

Anonymous

MajorFubar said:
I'm a PC user (Vista) and while I have dipped my toes into streaming, ripping and replaying from HDD, I have to say I have found more problems than its worth. Simple things like it'll happily play an album, but then sometimes quite randomly you need to reboot before WMP will fire-up again. Then there's the three days it takes Windows to load and give me a properly-working desktop, despite the fact I have very little on the system except Open Office, Audacity and AVG 11. It's ten billion times quicker to pop a CD into my Marantz. Perhaps the grass isn't any rosier on the other side (Mac), and perhaps Windows devotees are already keying-in defensive replies, but I for one won't ever try any of this streaming/ripping/HDD-playing stuff again until I can buy a Mac.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts