Using analogue inputs on AVR

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I have the yamaha rxa 2020 and I am wondering if I fed its analogue input , will there be any further A/D/A conversion in the process.
I am tempted to get an outboard dac or streamer in order to better my music.
Can somebody confirm please if this is correct, or m I wasting my time and money as I d need to spend a lot to better the yamaha dac.
I am looking at something like a chord dac, at around d £1000.
Regards
John

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
If you are feeling ur Av amp through the analogue input u will not get any conversion. If u want a real improvement get a rega or audio lab M-dac The dac with ur av amp will not perform as well as a stand alone one.. Whats ur main source..?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Is ths for a CD player or pc/mac/ipod?

If for a cd player, use the digital coax (not optical) to improve your music. This will make use of the dac in the Rx & the cdp as a transport, see if you notice a difference to an anolog feed ( you may end up saving yourself a few quid.

Try using one leg from your anolog interconnects as the coax.

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,
Thanks a lot for all the replies.
My idea of going for an outboard dac is that I have nice speaker ( Martin Logan theos) powered by 2 mono wyred for sound power amp, via the receivers Pre out, and I just want to make the most of the theos and w4s dac monos in order to take my music listening to another level. It s just an idea at this stage, and the rxa 2020 is a great receiver and so far, the combination of w4s mono via the rxa is great, but there s a little thought that s staying at the back of my mind that keeps nibbling me.
To be honest I think that I d need to spend a lot more than a few pounds to surpass the dac in the rxa.
Anyway, thanks for all the advice and inputs.
By the way, I min the market for a fast,musical sub to match my theos.!but without spending too much.any ideas? I m not sure the price of a Martin Logan sub is justified. How does a BK xxls400 sound? Any inputs on that would be great.
Thanks again to you all.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
stpierre76 said:
Hi all, I have the yamaha rxa 2020 and I am wondering if I fed its analogue input , will there be any further A/D/A conversion in the process.

I don't understand - if you apply an analogue signal to your very lovely Yamaha RX-A2020, why would you want any conversion of that signal in order to drive your (analogue) loudspeakers??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts