Using a remote instead of a knob to change speaker volume

DenmarkDave

Nov 28, 2022
Visit site
To change the volume on my RCA-to-TV connected speakers I need to turn the knob on the speaker.

Is there a way, a "middleman signal transformer device" perhaps, that can enable me to use my TV remove to control the volume of speaker?

Something like RCA to HDMI converter?

Last edited:

nads

no idea what you are on about.

a knob on your speaker? Mine don’t but then I have an amplifie.

best if you mention what your boxes are and how they are connected when someone better able to answer your question might help out.

I'm assuming no remote as the speakers look designed for desktop/PC usage?

You could look in the TV's settings to see whether it has an option to change the RCA output from fixed to variable (which would allow the TV's remote to do the job), or failing that use a headphone socket instead - I'm sure headphone to RCA adaptors are available - which should again allow the TV's remote to do the job.

Reactions: Al ears
I'm assuming no remote as the speakers look designed for desktop/PC usage?

You could look in the TV's settings to see whether it has an option to change the RCA output from fixed to variable (which would allow the TV's remote to do the job), or failing that use a headphone socket instead - I'm sure headphone to RCA adaptors are available - which should again allow the TV's remote to do the job.
Yes,they were designed as desktop computer set-up so no remote as you'd simply adjust volume on the comp or speaker itself.
Your work-arounds are a good idea.

Reactions: 12th Monkey

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts