Using a DAC H.phone amp with splitters to power two Edifier 730 2.1 speaker systems

Laurie Dignum

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
Hello, a slightly unusual home audio setup - I've been powering 2 separate 2.1 speaker systems (Edifier 730s) one set at the front, the other set at the back, with USB from my PC into an AudioEngine DAC Headphone amplifier fitted with two phono splitters for analogue phono connects to the two sets of speakers. The AudioEngine unit has failed and previously didn't provide quite as much amplification I sometimes required for quieter tracks of music. Would you be so kind as to recommend a replacement for the AudioEngine unit that will increase both sets of speakers’ volume? I have up to $400 I’m willing to spend to buy exactly what I need. Also, is this method of doubling up on speakers actually safe in regard to speaker damage? In anticipation, thanks! Laurie – 73 year old Rock Addict.

Attachments

• The Edifier double setup & DAC.jpg
    The Edifier double setup & DAC.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 5

Gray

Hello, a slightly unusual home audio setup - I've been powering 2 separate 2.1 speaker systems (Edifier 730s) one set at the front, the other set at the back, with USB from my PC into an AudioEngine DAC Headphone amplifier fitted with two phono splitters for analogue phono connects to the two sets of speakers. The AudioEngine unit has failed and previously didn't provide quite as much amplification I sometimes required for quieter tracks of music. Would you be so kind as to recommend a replacement for the AudioEngine unit that will increase both sets of speakers’ volume? I have up to $400 I’m willing to spend to buy exactly what I need. Also, is this method of doubling up on speakers actually safe in regard to speaker damage? In anticipation, thanks! Laurie – 73 year old Rock Addict.
Hello Laurie.
You look like Prince Charles in that picture.

As you require only a USB input, you might wish to consider this DAC:
(If it's available where you are).
I think it might compare favourably with any DAC within your budget.

It's output to your speakers can be fixed or variable.
Using variable (preamp mode) its volume control would control both your Edifiers simultaneously.

Your connection method won't do any harm to your speakers, as for your rock music.......:eek:
Rock on!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts