Using a beresford with ps3....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have I just made a mistake in buying the beresford? surely it will not really sound much different to the ps3 when playing wav files unless the dac is different or am I overlooking something?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
im not yer man for the technicalities of the types and implementations of DACs im afraid, but can tell you that it sounds good in my setup (see my sig).

thing is tho, you have bought it now, and stanley will refund you if you want to send it back. spend a few days listening and comparing the ps3 with and without the beresford, and you will have your answer.

i suspect you have seen a similar thread here recently and panicked. if so then "calm down dear". if not, apologise for the presumption, but all i have said above still holds.

A

Anonymous

Lol well one thing is for sure, if it plays like my ps3, then i can safely say that it is not superior to a cd player but we will see.

A

Anonymous

Should be a big step up in quality. The Beresford sounds near identical to the DAC Magic to my ears (which is a compliment as the DAC Magic is a great piece of kit). Im certain you wont be returning it....

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks, just to clarify I am not using the ps3 as a cd player transporter, merely using it to connect an external hdd to. I was concerned that the dac in a ps3 is not too dissimilar to that of a beresford. Therefore as i was already playing wav files through the ps3 connected to the amp via av cable, i wasn't sure if i had just wasted my money in wanting to connected a ps3 to the dac in order to play the wav files. Hopefully though my concerns regarding this are not merited
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts