Usher or Opera speakers

macipod

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi, Ive been pulling hair out trying to decide between the Usher S-520 or Usher V601 and also the Opera mezza, cant get to demo them together i haven't listened to any of them yet . My system is Icon Audio Stereo 40MK valve amp Arcam alpha 6 ( old but i like it) Arcam Rdac Pure i20 ipod dock Mission 780se speakers My room size is only 7ft -12ft decided to use the spare room for my listening Please could anybody out give any advice on, or personal experience with any of the speakers . I like most genre of music . Luke

T

the record spot

If you like smaller speakers - and can find a pair of these somewhere - the Quadral Pico would be a good addition to that select list you have there. I think I saw a pair of S520s on the Audio Emotion site for a VERY good price a few weeks back. With checking their pre-owned list as they typically do a five year warranty on their used kit. Beats anything I've seen anywhere else outwith Jordan Acoustics in Glenrothes.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
S520s are very impressive for their price and have a very flat frequency response. They do take some time to fully run in and benefit massively from filled speaker stands, but the Icon amp should get the most out of them. The Elac BS63 (slightly more expensive) are also worth considering - a new name to the UK market but these are a scaled down version of the BS243 that are some of the best recent £1k stand mounters.

macipod

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi
Thank you for your reply,what would be better the Elac bs63 or the usher V-601 speakers ?
I could pop over and demo all three If possible next week.
Luke

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
the Ushers S520 got a fab review on sixmoons with the SW 520 bass modules ,fantastic value for money and look great on the modules . Was awarded a speaker of the year 2010 award.

A

Anonymous

Elac make really excellent speakers, and I'd echo the comments about the BS243, although I preferred the Sonus Faber presentation myself. Don't know Ushers at all, but I'd be wary of eulogistic reviews from the website mentioned, since their reviews tend to be more or less the same for every item that crosses their path, including some items strictly on the periphery of HiFi - and credibility!.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts