Used fm tuner under £50

rjbell

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Just thinking about Christmas and might get my dad a fm tuner. For under £50 used the denon 260 sprang to mind straight away. Is there any other models I should be be looking out for fleebay and Gumtree?

rjbell said:
Just thinking about Christmas and might get my dad a fm tuner. For under £50 used the denon 260 sprang to mind straight away. Is there any other models I should be be looking out for fleebay and Gumtree?

The Denon is a superb tuner for the money. It'll be hard to anything for less than £50 for similar sound quality. I've owned the TU260 MKII for around 3 years.

Marantz also produce wonderful FM tuners. I still have a rare retro model from the mid-70s.

jjbomber

rjbell said:

I've got a Sony ST-SE500 that you can have free of charge. You'll just need to pick it up. It is boxed and in very good condition. Ask the mods for my contact details if you want it.

Sadly theses days all but the most exotic tuners can be had for under £50, when used. Many are a tenner or less.

I bought my second Hitachi FT-5500 earlier this year for £20. It is a backup to one I've had from new and is still working beautifully. Maybe not an obvious recommendation, but as a tuner it is technically about as good as anything, so is ideal if you hsve poor reception, it aren't using a decent aerial. Super sound too!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts