USB Turntable Choice c.£230?

Andy D

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi folks-

Just wondering your thoughts regarding a good turntable for archiving vinyl to PC.

Budget is c.£230 (obviously lower is preferable!), but happy to pay for quality.

I already have the original Pro-Ject Phono Box (non-USB), but sound card is pretty standard on the PC so probably won't have the benefit if I connect from Phono Box to Line-In on the PC..

Should I sell the Pro-Ject Phono Box & change to the following:

Art Phono Box with USB (using a Pro-Ject Essential non-USB T/T) in a combo

or

buy the Pro-ject Essential USB so it's all built-in (is the Art Phono Box better than the built-in Pro-Ject phono amp?)

or

either one of the Stanton T-55 USB or T-92 USB Decks which seem to get a good write up at the minute..

Sorry for the block of questions, struggling to make sense of the choices...

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Cheers!

Andy D

smiley-cool.gif

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I think you might be better off with a normal turntable and a separate USB phono box such as a Rega Fono Mini A2D / NAD PP3 / Creative X-Fi HD. You could buy a good used non USB turntable, have some leftover change for a new stylus, and once your archiving is complete, it might be easier to sell on.

I have the Creative box and archived my music at 96kHz / 24 bit. As well as an ADC, it's also doubles up as a DAC and high quality external sound card.

The Rega Fono A2D gets an excellent write up here http://www.whathifi.com/review/rega-fono-mini-a2d

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts