Question USB Audio DAP

vaibhavchadha

Jul 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi I am looking for a DAP which has USB audio out capability. I also need it to be compatible with streaming Tidal MQA. I also want to use the DAP in my car as a source to stream audio and my car only has USB port for audio. Is it true that through usb connection it will bypass the internal DAC of the DAP? In this case is there any use in buying an expensive DAP? I dont want it to be used just an expensive USB.

I really like the sound of Astell & Kern SE100 but i dont think it supports usb audio.

vaibhavchadha

Jul 4, 2020
Visit site
So do you think there is any benefit of having it in the car? So compared to playing audio with a usb is it going to be anyhow better? If through usb internal DAC will be bypassed then why do daps market usb audio as a feature when it’s of no use?

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Visit site
It’s difficult to say, maybe someone else who has used one will comment. I guess there might be a benefit from more stable components but we might be getting into the realms of Hi-Fi voodoo.

Presumably by connecting digitally you have the benefit that you can control playback via your car’s controls and you will also get the track names etc displayed?

Most players I have have owned have a digital line out function but not over USB.
Surely most cars with USB just require some music on a memory stick?
You can tell I haven't got one can't you? :)
Question, does this mean the car itself has a DAC in it's sound system and what makes you think it is superior to the DAC in the DAP?
Cheapest option might be to buy a second-hand ipod and plug that in.

D

Deleted member 116933

USBs in cars are designed for media storage. Ie connecting your iPhone to it. I suspect some cars might allow Audio pass through from a device but it’s not normally the case.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts