Urgent! Is Cambridge Audio 640p phono stage a step up from my integrateds?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As can't afford a fancy Graham Slee Era Gold V phono stage yet i'm thinking of buying a Cambridge Audio 640p to partner my Rega P3/24, Ortofon 2m blue. Will this be better quality than the inbuilt phono stage on my Marantz PM 6002? I haven't actually used the inbuilt phono stage as everybody always says they're inferior to separate phono stages plus I once plugged the T.V through it and got a nasty noise (even with the volume at zero), stupid I know. Worried I might have damaged it anyway. The Cambridge seems to get glowing reviews almost everywhere i've looked but i'm worried it will sound like budget kit and i might be best off saving my pennies for a better stage. The Rega is as yet unused as putting the final touches to my system so looking forward to hearing it.

entrails

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You will definitely see a significant improvement by using a 640p, they are fantastic value for money. I have used the 2m blue on a project debut with the 640p and it sounded great. It is still doing an admirable job on my technics 1200 with a rega arm with the blue 2m. I don't think you would be making a mistake getting the 640p. Sure there are better more costlier phono stages but for bang for buck not much compares with the 640p.

TRENDING THREADS