Urgent help needed - possible fake ipod for kids birthday

idc

A mate has just been around in a panic. He has bought an ipod and it does not work. It is the latest generation Nano with the video camera. It started to charge, showing the apple logo, so he went to work. When he got home nothing, he can't get it to do anything. He came around and we used my charger and my two speaker docks and still nothing.

It feels plasticy rather than the metal finish on my older Nano and Classic. The wheel actually moves in when you press it. It is half the weight of my Nano. Is that right?

He admits to buying it off a Chinese website for £60, which appears a bit too much of a bargain. Is that right?

His boys birthday is tomorrow!

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
idc:...He admits to buying it off a Chinese website for £60, which appears a bit too much of a bargain...
emotion-18.gif

idc

My thoughts exactly. I googled how to spot a fake ipod and was surprised at how much info there is and how common this problem is. The click wheel not scrolling, just clicking is the big give away.

It is actually his boys birthday today, so too late to quickly get another one before the mistake is spotted
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

I'd say a certain way of spotting a fake ipod would be to see it on a Chinese website for £60. Poor kid though, if I'd been that naive my guilt make me dash out and buy a real one. Ask your mate if he'd be interested in buying a vintage air guitar I have stashed in the loft.....
emotion-42.gif

On a serious note how did he pay for his dodgy ipod?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
idc:He admits to buying it off a Chinese website for £60, which appears a bit too much of a bargain. Is that right?
His boys birthday is tomorrow!

Should have bought it from a high street store or a reputable web outlet. Moreso if it is for a child. (There are some potentially serious electrical safety question marks over 'dodgy' gear like this.)

I am amazed he left the thing charging whilst he went to work! (Given it's provenance it could have burnt the house down!)

Tomorrow is Saturday. All the shops are open. He can sneak out early and be home with a genuine iPod (any card shop will wrap it) in no time.

There are also 24 hour hypermarkets open that will probably have genuine iPods available right now, this evening. Does your mate have one nearby?

idc

I did suggest he go and by another one, but he is still clinging on to the hope it is not fake. I am sure I have found the site he bought it off, I wont link to it but it comes out top if you are googling to buy a nano, for £59.What is also scary is that he registered with the website first and they have his bank details. The site is apparently tested by Mcafee daily (18th July !?) and has the Verisign secured logo.

Reading and looking at fakes elsewhere, this is a very good one.

I will be at the big party tomorrow, I'll break the bad news then. The mad thing is he is very well off, he could buy a box full easily.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
idc:

I did suggest he go and by another one, but he is still clinging on to the hope it is not fake. I am sure I have found the site he bought it off, I wont link to it but it comes out top if you are googling to buy a nano, for £59.What is also scary is that he registered with the website first and they have his bank details. The site is apparently tested by Mcafee daily (18th July !?) and has the Verisign secured logo.

Reading and looking at fakes elsewhere, this is a very good one.

I will be at the big party tomorrow, I'll break the bad news then. The mad thing is he is very well off, he could buy a box full easily.

You mean the one that says " Chick here to buy" (nanosonline)

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
And if it is that one....the conditions of use are...

Our mission is to provide high quality at lower prices, make sure that your satisfaction of sales and products is our priority. Our products online is for sale, subject to the approval of quality, even with the same quality of goods in accordance with the obligations of quality assurance and implementation of other products required by regulations of the state.

We want customer satisfaction and conditions of insurance have been ordered, committed in this case the goods are lost, damaged or refused by the customer all risks in transit are subject to final audit client. Customer subject to the receipt of the goods supplied signs if the goods are damaged, lost or denied, the client at the time of receipt, our Store more closely with the client to see what the product or replace the refund will be issued to Modern Manor, although our in Store assumes no liability for any damage or other undesirable damage caused by the transport company. We agree to accept payments through our online payment platform provided by the Department of Finance relevance. Customers must take the costs they incur as clients our Store. Cancellation of customers of other shipping and replenishment lead, as can be seen, fits into our Store management team. We thank our Store in you, our valued customers and the future of your company today.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
''The mad thing is he is very well off, he could buy a box full easily.'' That'll be why he's buying from Chinese sites
emotion-7.gif

Still, you never know it may be legit and need fixing ?

I once bought a DVD (Underworld) from a girl who lived in Beijing ... it was fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts