Urgent Help Needed: Cable Connection Trouble

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So, this is my system.....I am yet to buy the receiver or have my SkyHD installed but for the purpose of this can you please imagine that I do have everything available to play with. Let's also assume that I have a 5.1 speaker package connected to the receiver however I've not yet made the decision on which ones I want which is why they aren't listed.

Sony 40W5500 TV (Product 1)

Sony STR-DH800 Receiver (Product 2)

SkyHD (Product 3)

Sony BDPS-360 (Product 4)

Sony 120GB PS3 (Product 5)

Microsoft XBox 360 Elite (Product 6)

This is where I'm at.....

I'm eagerly waiting to order cables to connect all this up. I know I need 4 HDMI cables to connect products 6, 5, 4 and 3 to product 2. Then I'll need 1 HDMI cable to connect product 2 to product 1 so that's 5 HDMI cables in total. That's the video signals sorted, right?

Next up is the audio signals.....I want all of the audio signals from products 6, 5, 4 and 3 sent to product 2 so I can enjoy the benefit of the 5.1 speaker package on all sources. Is it just the SkyHD box that requires a connection to the receiver using a digital audio optical cable or will the HDMI cables do this job for me on the remaining products?

I hope that's easy enough to understand. Thank you in advance for your much appreciated help!

A

Anonymous

The Ps3, the Xbox and the blu ray player will transfer Audio throgh Hdmi, as long as the reciever has audio input through Hdmi.

daveh75

Yep, it's just the Sky HD box that'll need either an optical or digital coaxial cable for DD5.1 sound. The rest of the components will be able to send multi-channel audio over an HDMI cable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts