Urgent Advice - JBL TL260

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I own the tl260 speakers and think they are great. Awesome head room, surreal imaging and a accurate tonal balance. Bass extension and speed are tight, midrange clean and the highs are quite smooth compared to lower model jbls. Bass definition is my only vice but this could be room related.

in typical jbl fashion the sound stage is portrayed in front of the speakers imaging about 2m from the speakers and seems limitless left to right depending on the source material. The back of the soundstage stops at the speakers. (Although the rear wall disappeared one night when I was really drunk and had dark side of the moon playing, with a quick pray to a porcelain god).

for their size they play real well at low volumes and thrive when pushed hard. I have 2 usher r1.5 bi amped to the tl260, and they haven't missed a beat. But if you don't play music loud you could better them with a smaller speaker. If neighbours aren't a concern you can't go wrong.

imho jbl bass is better than the kefs. The kefs seem fuller but less defined, the jbl a are tighter and better balanced tonally. On the other hand some may find the jbls cold because they don't have the warmth of the kefs.

this is all in my humblest opinion and am no expert but own a few speaks (some being kef and jbl)

A

Anonymous

5 drivers... Even when your a metre away from the speaker you will be surprised where the sound seems to be coming from.

TRENDING THREADS