upscaling question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to buy a sony RDR-HXD1070 dvdr and an Onkyo TX-SR875 plus a panasonic TH-PZ70.

Does anyone know if the sony upscales the freeview as well? Or just the DVD?

If it does not,will the onkyo upscale the freeview? If so,how would i connect the sony and onkyo to do this?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
AFAIK???
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

As Far As I Know!

Does the 875 upscale video from all inputs, or just HDMI? How would you connect a freeview box to the 875 - component?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, from all inputs. Depending on the outputs on the Freeview box, I'd simply use the highest-quality one available. If it has component, use that, yes.

A

Anonymous

Do i connect the two direct via HDMI?

If so,will this affect the DVD playback, (onkyo "judder" problem)? or can you switch the sony upscaling off all together and let the onkyo do the lot?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
DVD recorder to Onkyo? Yes HDMI, with the Sony's upscaling turned off.

What Onkyo 'judder' problem? Have been using an 875 longer than most people, and have never encountered any problems yet...

A

Anonymous

appararently its a problem which occurs when the 875 tries to upscale images that have already been upscaled by another source? this is a problem that is regularly mentioned on other forums.

A

Anonymous

Yes there loads of people with judder on the 875 im one of them! onkyo know about this!

A

Anonymous

have you not solved the problem yet?

if you can explain to me when your getting the judder i may be able to find a solution for you

A

Anonymous

Dont know about a solution, ive spoken to onkyo about this and they are aware of the problem and there maybe a firmware update comming soon i get the stutters on mine when watchinh hd-dvd via xbox its pretty bad
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

I could switch it to pass through but that negates one of the main reasons for buying the 875 its reon chip! ive been following a couple of threads on other forums quite closely and there lots of people with the same issue, it seems the reon wasnt implemented very well as onkyo 905 owners dont seem to have the same problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts