upscaling DVD player dilemer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having just had sky HD it has now become clear (or not) how poor my pioneer 575a sd dvd player looks. I've been hanging my nose over the samsung dvd-hd870 for a few months now which would match my samsung 37R88 tv but i'm not sure if there'd be a noticable improvement to warrant replacing a perfectly good working player just yet. all comments welcome.

A

Anonymous

If i was you i would rather buy a Hddvd ep-30 player for £120 and get 7free Hddvd's free from Amazon UK.I know Warner Bros has chosen to support blu-ray instead from June 08 but Universal and Paramount are exclusive to hddvd so that means you'll be enjoying around 40% of films not available for blu-ray and anyway if both of the hd formats fail, then you'll still have a superb sd-upscaler built-in, better then the Samsung dvd-hd870, in fact it's as good as the £200 Denon 1940's according to WHF mag.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="squareeyes"]
Having just had sky HD it has now become clear (or not) how poor my pioneer 575a sd dvd player looks. I've been hanging my nose over the samsung dvd-hd870 for a few months now which would match my samsung 37R88 tv but i'm not sure if there'd be a noticable improvement to warrant replacing a perfectly good working player just yet. all comments welcome.

[/quote]

Another vote for the EP30 at £120, it is twice the price but imagine having a fine up-scaling DVD player that also does HD-DVD and comes with 7 HD-DVDs! Just don't go mad and start buying HD-DVDs unless you REALLY need to, go online and rent them instead.

Should Blu-ray win, you still have an up-scaling DVD player (and the HD-DVDs). Depends how much you value the extra £60 cost over a normal DVD player.

A

Anonymous

cheers guys, having read the threads on the tosh player just before asking the question i was half expecting these answers. it just seems strange buying a technology that's on it's way out before it's really started. i get what your saying tho.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts