Hi,

I posted a few weeks ago about upgrading to a home cinema system. I'm quite happy with projector and screen choices, but am now thinking about branching out into Dolby Atmos. I currrently have Dali Opticon 5.1 driven by a Yamaha RX-A3050 amp. What would you recommend I purchase to compliment the existing speakers to create Atmos (I would like the additional speakers mounted in the ceiling). Would I need a new amp or can a bi-amp arrangement be set-up?

Thanks,

Rob.

Thanks, so are you saying that most Atmos sound tracks don't make use of the 7-speaker arrangement. I thought most 4K UHD discs would have audio mixed in 7.1.4? It it a case they are more likley to be 5.1.2?

Also out of the E50, E60 and E80, what is on a par in terms of sound quality with what I already have (Dali Opticons).

Thanks,

Rob.

What I'm saying is; Atmos effect comes from ceiling speakers instead of rear speakers. So if you want Atmos and have 7 speakers, you need to go for 5.1.2 setup instead of 7.1. Not all discs are coded for Atmos (7.1.4). You need to check the individual discs to confirm that.

What I'm saying is; Atmos effect comes from ceiling speakers instead of rear speakers. So if you want Atmos and have 7 speakers, you need to go for 5.1.2 setup instead of 7.1. Not all discs are coded for Atmos (7.1.4). You need to check the individual discs to confirm that.

Yes, absolutely get that they come from ceiling speakers. What I was asking is will I be missing out on the full atmos experience if I am missing out on 2 rear and 2 (of the 4 ceiling speakers)?

Yes, absolutely get that they come from ceiling speakers. What I was asking is will I be missing out on the full atmos experience if I am missing out on 2 rear and 2 (of the 4 ceiling speakers)?
No, you won't miss much. The only effect you might miss by having 2 ceiling speakers instead of 4 is the directional effect, eg. a helicopter flying over your head. A 5.1.2 system will give you a decent Atmos experience.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts