Upgrading to Blu-Ray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm just about to upgrade to blu-ray but having a difficult time deciding what player would be best! I Have a samsung A656 46inch tv and currently use the pioneer dv-989avi player which i've found its performance and upscaling to be extremely good. Any advice on which blu-ray player would give me just as good if not better upscaling on dvd with top notch bd playback? So far i've been recommended 2, pioneers BDP-LX71 and panasonics DMP-BD55. The latter was told my best bet as cheaper and has the surround decoders and profile 2.0.

Any advice would be really appreciated

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Firstly, you need to decide if you need Profile 2. Are you an extras person? And do you need any more extras than those contained on the disc? I'm guessing many people want it, but very few will actually use it.

As for the DVD playback, just concentrate on getting the best BD player for you, and stick the the 989 for DVD duties. A BD player is designed for just that, just as your 989 is designed for DVD's. Also, using a seperate DVD player will prolong the life of your BD player.

A

Anonymous

The biggest thing that im really intereted in is the picture and sound quality, im not much of an extras fan! its just which bd player will be the best choice!

topbloke55

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
I can highly recommend the Pioneer BDP-LX71, I have the LX08 which is the same in side just shorter. ÿVery very good on Blu Ray, although on standard DVD playback my Tag Mclaren is better, slightly more detail in the dark areas and slightly better colours, it outputs at 560p. ÿ

So you will probably find the Pioneer BDP-LX71 or LX08 will be just as good on DVD, if not better than your current DVD player.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts