upgrading the cable...to your headphones.

• Thread starter Deleted member 188516
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 188516

D

Deleted member 188516

That's not the most sincere-looking of smiles! The mouth says happy, the eyes say, well, who knows what?!

watch the video - he seems convinced to me !
(check the rest of the kimber kable products he has on his main system).

Friesiansam

Listened to the start of the second video. Seems if you don't hear any difference it's because your kit isn't good enough or you aren't listening carefully enough. If your kit isn't good enough to make a difference apparent, surely there is no point upgrading the cable. If you don't hear it even though your kit is high-end, maybe it's because you are more interested in listening to the music, than rigorously analysing the sound you hear?

BTW, I did replace my headphone cable, because the original is too short.

Watching and even listening these videos on my tablet is absolutely pointless.
However, it did change the cables on my earphones from that which they came with to a silver braided cable so that I could use a 2.5mm balanced plug, and yes a great difference....

D

Deleted member 188533

has anybody "upgraded" the cable to their headphones ?

Yes. I bought a balanced ( 4pin XLR termination ) cable for my Focal Elear. I didn't buy anything stupid expensive but I didn't go with dirt cheap either. It made no difference in sound quality. It is a nice cable though and I didn't expect any sound 'upgrade'.

I had some guy on the Massdrop ( Drop ) forum tell me I needed an $800 cable for my $300 HD600s. I laughed at him.

Friesiansam

I had some guy on the Massdrop ( Drop ) forum tell me I needed an $800 cable for my $300 HD600s. I laughed at him.
I paid just under £100 for a cable (Oidio Sound Mongrel) to use with Focal Elegias. I feel the cost balance is about right and, though I listened very carefully, I couldn't tell the difference between the oem and the new cable when I tried earlier, after looking at this thread.

Last edited:

iMark

I had a 5m mini jack extension cable that suffered from all sorts of interference. I upgraded to a cable that was better shielded. The brand is Clicktronic. I paid €18 for this cable. It also works really well with a microphone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts