Upgrading my stuff

wito

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
hey folks, so the last few weeks im googling the internets to find out what speakers to buy atm im looking at these ones, the JBL LSR305, Q Acoustics 3020, Klipsch RP-150M(these sound like they could use a sub in the future) i use the focusrite 2i2 1st gen to power my microphone for game streaming and a fiio e10k for my beyerdynamics dt990 250ohm now the problem is should i get active or passive speakers, all of them sound great, i could sell my fioo and focusrite and get something better (like for a littledot tube amp? dunno if i can connect those speakers to it) or is there a other way to mix things up? :D my budget is around 300-400€+the money for selling the focusrite and fiio

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
From the look of what you need maybe a soundbar or soundbase with optical inputs and DNLA/ UPNP airplay built in might suit you better, just a thought if you use it for gameplay

wito

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
muljao said:
From the look of what you need maybe a soundbar or soundbase with optical inputs and DNLA/ UPNP airplay built in might suit you better, just a thought if you use it for gameplay

if i have a soundbar in my house i burn it down :DD

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Not 100% sure so. Everyone can give a different opinion. For your money, just going on a passive system you'd not go far wrong with a nice amp and a set of q acoustivs 2020i (this is jsut one option I am familiar with and impressed by). These speakers can be got in places still for not big money, throw an Onkyo a9010 amp, or indeed a yamaha AS501 or possibly a Marantz PM6005/6 and you'd be off to a good start.

Someone will hopefully chime in and give you possibly a better/tidier more suitable active speaker option

wito

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
muljao said:
Not 100% sure so. Everyone can give a different opinion. For your money, just going on a passive system you'd not go far wrong with a nice amp and a set of q acoustivs 2020i (this is jsut one option I am familiar with and impressed by). These speakers can be got in places still for not big money, throw an Onkyo a9010 amp, or indeed a yamaha AS501 or possibly a Marantz PM6005/6 and you'd be off to a good start.

Someone will hopefully chime in and give you possibly a better/tidier more suitable active speaker option

how about those tube amps can they run speakers like the jbl 305 or the klipsch?

wito said:
muljao said:

how about those tube amps can they run speakers like the jbl 305 or the klipsch?
I regret you are unlikely to get a satisfactory tube/valve amp for your budget.

wito

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
nopiano said:
wito said:
muljao said:

i can get a little dot mk2 amp in my budet if i take the jbl now or i can upgrade to it later if i take the klipsch

wito said:
nopiano said:
wito said:
muljao said:

i can get a little dot mk2 amp in my budet if i take the jbl now or i can upgrade to it later if i take the klipsch

Ignore.... just realised we are talking about powered speakers.

wito

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
wito said:
nopiano said:
wito said:
muljao said:

Ignore.... just realised we are talking about powered speakers.

did i conffuse it all? are those two separate worlds when it comes to that what im trying to ask here? :D

wito said:
nopiano said:
wito said:
muljao said:

.I wouldn't know if a headphone amp would work with powered speakers, I'm afraid. Whether that is a good route to take is beyond my experience, sorry.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
nopiano said:
wito said:
nopiano said:
wito said:
muljao said:

.I wouldn't know if a headphone amp would work with powered speakers, I'm afraid. Whether that is a good route to take is beyond my experience, sorry.

Is supposed to be a headphone amp and pre-amp, only 1 in/1 out but should give you a valve 'sound' when used to drive active speakers. Just what valves are in circuit for the pre-out is not clear and I have no idea of what effect it will have on the sound quality, you will have to try it and see.

BTW. Haven't we had this discussion before? What happened to the JBLs you were getting?

wito

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
well i almost got the jbl but in the shop they had also the Klipsch RP-150M and the sound was pretty identical(almost a Vshape sound like the jbl), so it made me think if i should get passive speakers and sell my focusrite and fiio and get one thing to drive the speakers and headphones, but it looks like a challenge :D mostly because i dont understeand most of these parameters

and a few hours ago my fiancee just told me to get some speakers for our tv, so im thinking more for the klipsch ones, with the idea to get them for my pc after i upgrade them for something different for our tv

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts